WD 12 TB External Drive

cclarry

For those that do not know, the Easy Store is the Best Buy specific version of the WD Express. During sales, these seem to end up being cheaper and more highly rated than the Express counterparts. I got the 10TB a while ago for this same price and like the  fact that is runs off a wall wart rather than bus powered like the portable drives tend to be. Real life throughput ranged from roughly 10MB/sec (for truckloads of small files, like Adobe directories), to >250MB/sec (for copying large files like images). Average was roughly 100MB/sec to copy over 5TB of drive material (using robocopy). Not very loud at all, and goes to standby when not in use (and not sure if that can be over-ridden)... so this is not a good sample drive choice, but for backups it is on par with expectations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These are normally 5400 RPM drives that aren't good for running samples.  Also because of the size, it will really make it slow if you are running more than couple tracks from it. (platter drives can only read one thing at a time)  Depends on the size of the buffer though.  Great for back up and maybe for your movie collection.  I may have to pick one up since I swear I have more than 8 TBs of Kontakt libraries.  I keep filling my back up drives. 

• Like 2