Finally got here.. Midi question

Hi Cakewalk folks, 

I am thrilled with this free software with so much to offer. I searched long for having recordings with multiple usb devices and channels on multi tracks. And here I am. I guess I m gonna stick around till I master this tool. 

Now my question...

Where should I look for using a midi Akai drum pad to send start and stop session recording CCs (control changes)? Is it feasible? 

I think my drum play/stop should match start/stop Record on my Cakewalk project without me needing to reach out for the mouse or Windows screen. 

Make sense? 

Usually transport controls are setup using the control surface settings in preferences. I do not use a control surface, never have, so I will have to leave that for some one else to discuss. There are several threads about control surface setup. Maybe something in one of those will help.

It is possible to create a custom shortcuts for transport functions. When using MIDI to create a shortcut it takes a note to bind to the function and either a note or CC (this is set at the top of the shortcut screen) to tell the DAW the next note is bound to a function.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Skook, Thanks for your answer ! I got back to the forum today after  a month, but I didn't get notified before.

So, I found some of the things you mention in the Generic control surface, but I still wonder:

How is TTS-1 and TH3 midi control separated from Cakewalk?

The TH3 midi do not recognize my controller input. Do I need a separate app or enable forward from Cakewalk to TH3 somewhere.

The TTS1 can export .gmc files along with an editable .txt, but cannot reimport the .txt. How are they edited? 

And on the load bank we can only choose .gmn .gmd, how do they get created? I can't find in a google search.

When to use patches, when to use simple commands?

Edited by user6933722889200418