Acustica Ceil Channel Strip FREE until Feb 14 2019

rasure

Acustica Ceil Channel Strip FREE until Feb 14 2019

From December 19, 2018 through February 14, 2019 you have the opportunity to add an incredible-sounding processor to your studio setup, completely free. Ceil features a powerful compressor - which can work as a general audio leveler or a full-blown dynamics destroyer - an incisive EQ section, pan and stereo spread controls, and a preamp.

Ceil is based on a heavily modified British channel strip that we sampled at the end of 2017 during one of our official workshops - held at a studio near the lake of Como.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/specials/acustica-audio-ceil

Edited by rasure

Just a word of caution in case users suddenly get CbB-crashes.

I installed Ciel last night, seems like a nice plugin, but it (at least it seems like it) didn´t play nicely with iZotope´s plugins. As soon as I tried opening or adding a iZotope plugin caused crashes in a previously working CbB project, I also tried it in SPlat with the same result.
Since Ciel was the only new thing added I simply removed it´s files from the VST-folder & eureka(!) - problem solved.

I also got what sounded like swing/internal feedback (in hardware) when using the "GoldenRod positioner" and the same thing with the Eq-section - I assume this is not by intention.

Apart from the above I liked it.

As soon as I saw "Acustica," my face fell. Being a connoisseur of free plug-ins (and software in general), I tried their free offerings a few years ago in Mixcraft and yow, the CPU hit was so, so not worth it. I'm not holding out much hope for the "optimize."

I'm not a great fan of having to install great big install managers just to get one plug-in, and that coupled with the fact that I'm frugal when it comes to my CPU cycles, and Acustica are a "no."

Also, their stuff is usually channel strips and compressors, and my DAW has channel strips built into it what whips the ass of anything else I've heard! My collection of compressors has no holes in it, either. Well, I'd welcome a faithful dbx clone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 12:19 PM, Per Westin said:

Just a word of caution in case users suddenly get CbB-crashes.

I installed Ciel last night, seems like a nice plugin, but it (at least it seems like it) didn´t play nicely with iZotope´s plugins. As soon as I tried opening or adding a iZotope plugin caused crashes in a previously working CbB project, I also tried it in SPlat with the same result.
Since Ciel was the only new thing added I simply removed it´s files from the VST-folder & eureka(!) - problem solved.

I also got what sounded like swing/internal feedback (in hardware) when using the "GoldenRod positioner" and the same thing with the Eq-section - I assume this is not by intention.

Apart from the above I liked it.

It works fine here, sounds like you might be overloading it. FYI -18 dBfs is analog 0dB in Nebula

• Like 1