Native Instruments Will No Longer Activate Discontinued Products after May 31st

Reid Rosefelt

Some of those Zero G libraries regularly go on sale. Do they still use NI for authorisation?

I suppose the writing was on the wall for the EastWest stuff when they dumped Kontakt and introduced their own player. Presumably EW will no longer pay NI to support their copy protection / registration on these old libraries.

All of the Zero-G libraries have been re-released by Zero-G without being Kontakt Player Instruments.  So they now require the full version of Kontakt and aren't authorized libraries anymore.

I assume if you had any of them from when they were full on Kontakt Player libraries you would have to get Zero-G to give you the new version and would be required to have full Kontakt.

3 hours ago, Lemar Sain said:

I hate to say it....but the crack/ware scene is going get some new traffic soon. Sad part is, from a lot of legit users.

That has always been the case. I know many legit hard cash paying users so fed up with the dongles or stupid restrictions that they use audioz instead of the real deal just to be free to make music and not fight with tech.

• Like 1

Now THIS is one HELL of a deal. 😂

Looks like NI wants to encourage the sailing of the seven seas.🦜☠️

Or maybe it's just part of their cost cutting strategy since they no longer make money off these, still wonder why they didn't port Pro-53/B4 to newer tech.

I'm surprised about some of them, e.g. Chris Hein Horns; I could be wrong, but that doesn't have a more modern version does it? (meaning some people will completely lose their instrument with no way to upgrade to a working version)

I wonder if this has something to do with NI's subscription plan?

I got on the bandwagon with Komplete 5, and the only things I have from their list are B4 II and Pro-53, neither of which I use.  I can understand them not wanting to support all of these,  as they are things that haven't been updated in ten years or so.

What I don't understand is why they aren't supporting the older 3rd party Kontakt libraries.  That doesn't look like a big effort.

3 hours ago, antler said:

Are you sure? from the OP, it looks like it's:

Battery, Battery 2, Battery Studio Drums

Well it says this in the OP:

B4                                                    Native Instruments

B4 II                                                       Native Instruments

Bandstand                                                Native Instruments

Battery                                                         Native Instruments

Battery 2                                             Native Instruments

-----

Why B4? 

Reading this, I feel for those that are affected. I would be P. O'd. I only have one thing by NI, GR5. I rarely use it, though it is a good sim. Not sure I want to deal with NI either. Just doesn't look/feel right.

The EW libraries, B4, Pro 53 are still valued.   The rest would tick me off if I wanted to break out my Athlon XP hardware and run Windows 2000. I still have those Garritan box sets. It's annoying to see those cluttering Native Access as if it weren't annoying enough.