OVox

After adding the plug-in to the FX Rack check "Enable MIDI Input" in the VST3 standard header above the plug-in UI

WBoEAIf.png

Then add a MIDI track setting the input to your controller, output to the plug-in and enable input echo

The controller will now send MIDI data to the plug-in

• Like 1

I got this plug in and was able to simply put it in the f/x bin and turn on the echo input button to hear it live.  I didn't enable the MIDI input to do this.  It recorded just like that and worked well.  No need to add a MIDI track, unless you're using an external synth, I think.

2 hours ago, scook said:

Yes, it is probably not absolutely necessary to control the plug-in using MIDI but my understanding is the plug-in may be modulated using MIDI similar to a vocoder.

I believe that's true, and that's how I would use it if I was using an external synth rather than its built-in synth.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI to anyone researching Ovox and Cakewalk issues, per Waves, "The latest version of OVox is not compatible with Cakewalk. We are working on making it compatible soon. "  

However, the demo worked fine in Cakewalk - I only had problems once I purchased and updated it!  (Even then, it still basically works EXCEPT that I can't save a project with Ovox active, the project cannot then be opened.  So I have to bounce/render any audio once I determine a desirable effect and then leave Ovox off, saving a preset of where I left off if I want to later change it.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any plug-in that generates MIDI data can have the MIDI data captured in a MIDI track.

Make sure "Enable MIDI Output" is selected.

M9I2IRu.png

This will cause the plug-in to show up in MIDI tracks as an input source.

18 hours ago, scook said:

Any plug-in that generates MIDI data can have the MIDI data captured in a MIDI track.

Make sure "Enable MIDI Output" is selected.

M9I2IRu.png

This will cause the plug-in to show up in MIDI tracks as an input source.

Thank you! Got it working. Not impressed by its pitch detection though. I feel like I´ve tweaked the params alot, but what comes out just ain´t the tones I´m singing. Anybody with more luck and some tips and tricks? Perhaps throwing some autotune plugin before it that´s better at getting the pitch right?

On 5/14/2020 at 3:31 PM, Max Arwood said:

I have used autotune in front of oVox. It does seem to help.  oVox does some weird pitch shifting stuff not good for all types of  songs. Nice for a special effect on a bridge or chorus. 

Max Arwood 

Thanks, I will stick to Melodyne then which is much better at this. Was just thinking that the workflow would become easier with Ovox, not having to first go through Melodyne and make corrections, but that´s indeed preferable over the nearly useless pitch to midi out results I´m getting with Ovox. Anyway, for it´s Eifel 65/Daft Punk/Dr Dre-ish things, I guess it´s cool, just not really what I needed. Who knows, perhaps Waves will look into getting things working better in a future update.