Plugin to fix audio clipping?

sadicus

Almost no way to fix digital clipping man. Izotope RX has some tools but it will cost you a bit. In my travels i have either looked to Copy/paste (replacing the clipped parts with existing content) or sometimes you can zoom in 100% find the clip and delete it without much disruption.

• Like 1

Use the method i described above and zoom in as close as possible and remove the clip and replace it with a similar note in or around the area.

When you have digital clips that are small defined pieces, you brain can barely process the clip spot, just the distortion or "Crack" sound. This is why i say, you can almost replace it with any noise from around the surrounding clip space (unless its a vocal, then you can but it is trickey).

If you have digital clipping through out the whole track, its time to re-record the track. no ifs and or buts about it.

• Great Idea 1

On 3/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, sadicus said:

Have audio that has a few flat tops. without re-recording, how to fix clipped audio?

I have never used this but Audacity has a tool called Clip Fix.

"Clip Fix... attempts to reconstruct clipped regions by interpolating the lost signal. It is only likely to be effective for repairing lightly clipped audio"

There are several YouTube videos showing how to do this, Here is one of them.

How To Fix Audio Clipping In Audacity - Tutorial #37

Download Audacity

• Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...

There use to be a way to do this seamless editing with
Is there a way to open the audio clip in Cakewalk,and  link edit in 3rd part app? It's almost as if you never left Cakewalk to do the edits and they save where you don't have to import export every edit.