Launch next column in matrix view

Jose ROMERO

Question

Hello guys,

I'm using matrix view with some loops created with virtual instruments, to create songs.

Each column is a part of my song then I succed to launch each part of my song with my controller (different button for each part).

Now I want to launch the first column then use my controller to make" Next" and "previous "column to make live performances.

Do you know if it's possible to perform this task?

Best Regards

4 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Jose ROMERO said:

Each column is a part of my song then I succed to launch each part of my song with my controller (different button for each part).

Now I want to launch the first column then use my controller to make" Next" and "previous "column to make live performances.

Do you know if it's possible to perform this task?

I tested this yesterday by using MIDI Learn to assign each column to the keys on a usb midi keyboard.  Worked for me.

image.png.a6abde5369c2f8d29e1e66ddd0d8568f.png

ADDENDUM:

Using the Matrix Demo/Tutorial Project File, I assigned each of the columns to a key using midi learn--(1) C, (2) D, (3) E, (4) F, etc.  With the settings in the demo file, each key became an on/off toggle with each column being like a old fashion radio buttons: C starts (1); D switches to (2); D again turns the loop playback off.  

image.thumb.png.a45c768478698315b7ff721e68c1366e.png

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add an example and explanation using the Matrix Demo project file; (1) to add an image of where to click to select the column for MIDI Learn

Thanks for your help, but I want to use midi from foot pedal with limited buttons so I want to make next column with the same button and previous column with another button, like foot pedal effects for guitar....

Thanks

Edited by Jose ROMERO

2 hours ago, Jose ROMERO said:

1 hour ago, Jose ROMERO said:

Thanks for your help, but I want to use midi from foot pedal with limited buttons so I want to make next column with the same button and previous column with another button, like foot pedal effects for guitar....

I understand now; thanks for clarifying what you meant.  I have not looked for the kind of up/down cycling through the columns you need.  Maybe someone else knows if it can be done.

Hello again guys,

I have new idea about how to do this feature:

I use VoiceLive3 (VL3 TC Helicon device) that send midi messages to cakewalk to change the column on matrix view.

In VL3 I can generate midi messages for each part of my song. (I create 4 steps for exemple)

Now I inspect the events coming from my VL3 with MIDI-OX  and have the following :

TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT               
 00001026   5  --     B0    73    02    1  ---  Control Change        
 000015F9   5  --     B0    73    03    1  ---  Control Change        
 000019E9   5  --     B0    73    00    1  ---  Control Change        
 00001C02   5  --     B0    73    01    1  ---  Control Change        
 00001E50   5  --     B0    73    02    1  ---  Control Change        

I receive always 73 DATA 1 event with different DATA2 events (0,1,2,3, my steps here)

Now this is recognized in cakewalk as the same event....

Someone knows how to make recognize DATA2 values ?

Or maybe a software to intercept this midi message and create different DATA1 values for (DATA1,DATA2) couple?

Thanks in advance