No signal in audio track

Connoisseur of Chaos

Question

I am using a Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD audio interface with Cakewalk.  Cakewalk recognizes the device's midi and audio inputs and outputs.  Midi comes through fine.  No matter what I do, I cannot get a signal in an audio track.  When I plug an instrument into the U-Phoria, I see the signal light and clip flashing on the U-phoria and hear the audio just fine through my speakers, but nothing is coming into Cakewalk.  I've tried adjusting the gains, setting input echo to on, nothing works.   Please help if you can.

2 answers to this question

I should have mentioned, I'm using a Dell XPS 13 and Windows 10.  Also, because I can get the signal input on other recording software, such as Audacity, it must have something to do with Cakewalk and how it interfaces with the U-Phoria.  I'm at my wit's end.  Will either need to switch DAW to something other than Cakewalk, or get a new audio interface, with no guarantee that will work with Cakewalk.

Edited by Connoisseur of Chaos

Okay, I installed the 2020.04 update, and also updated my U-Phoria drivers.  Now the audio input signal works fine!  But now I am unable to maintain the selection of the U-Phoria Midi Devices in Preferences!  They are there, and I can select them, but after I close Preferences they become unselected.  This has to be a bug with the new update.  So now I have no midi.  Very frustrating.  Am going to start a new thread for this new problem.

Edited by Connoisseur of Chaos