Clean (re)install of Sonar/CbB - proper protocol and VSTs

winkpain

Question

I am about to do a clean install in hopes of rooting out some issues that I have that are likely caused by my having Sonar and CbB installed on two separate internal drives.

I will, per instructions found here,  re-install them both onto the default C drive where they "prefer" to be. I will hopefully get all my presets, key bindings, etc. backed up first. I still want to verify a few things:

1. the uninstaller will remove all bundled content that came with Sonar (that is also in a custom location)?
  2. these will be re-installed with the re-installation of Sonar?
  3. and wanting to continue to have access to this bundled content is really the only reason to re-install Sonar in the first place, yes?
  4. My plugins: These are all in a custom location on a non C drive. Can I leave them installed there? Is there a reason why this should be an issue as long as I point CbB to these custom folders ?

And a general question about VSTs installations:  Is there any reason at this point, on a 64bit system running 64bit CbB(and other programs), to install  both 32bit and 64bit versions (if two are offered)  of the same plugin, or both VST2 and VST3 versions??

1 answer to this question

On 3/7/2020 at 1:17 PM, winkpain said:

I am about to do a clean install in hopes of rooting out some issues that I have that are likely caused by my having Sonar and CbB installed on two separate internal drives.

I will, per instructions found here,  re-install them both onto the default C drive where they "prefer" to be. I will hopefully get all my presets, key bindings, etc. backed up first. I still want to verify a few things:

1. the uninstaller will remove all bundled content that came with Sonar (that is also in a custom location)?
  2. these will be re-installed with the re-installation of Sonar?
  3. and wanting to continue to have access to this bundled content is really the only reason to re-install Sonar in the first place, yes?
  4. My plugins: These are all in a custom location on a non C drive. Can I leave them installed there? Is there a reason why this should be an issue as long as I point CbB to these custom folders ?

And a general question about VSTs installations:  Is there any reason at this point, on a 64bit system running 64bit CbB(and other programs), to install  both 32bit and 64bit versions (if two are offered)  of the same plugin, or both VST2 and VST3 versions??

...any advice on these points?