eye contact

geeare1

This started out as an attempt to write something Latin-ish but wound up sounding like the theme song for a cheap spy movie. So, if Latin spy-movie themes are your thing, this might appeal to you. I'm more or less happy with the parts and arrangement but completely unsure about everything else. Suggestions etc. are welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/geeare1/eye-contact

• Like 4

Spy theme for sure. I thought the overall mix was Very good. In my opinion , I think the brass section could be tamed a little at the 2.06 mark. The melody here was fine but something thinned out the mix in this section.  That was some excellent guitar work thru the entire song. You sound like a very polished jazz guitarist.   That was a pleasure to listen to . mark

• Like 1

Loved the whammy bar dips. That's a neat guitar lead line. We need much more Latin jazz stuff on the forum.

Your jazz guitar improv skills are legit. Cool!

For a not, maybe that rhythm guitar you occasionally have panned far right could sit better in the mix, maybe drop the volume?

Maybe more reverb , plate, on the horns?

Thanks for that one!

-Tom

• Like 1

Well I think that you did what you intended!  It certainly has that Latin feel to which you have matched that spy thriller vibe.  Excellent composition and arrangement of the various instrumental sections.  Oh ya, the guitar playing, excellent.   I absoflippinlutely enjoyed this post.  Thanks for putting it on the forum!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who took the time to listen to "eye contact" and leave a comment:

thegaltieribrothers: Paul, thank you for listening and commenting. I appreciate the positive comments on my guitar playing. I really enjoyed your tune "fallen star".

Wookie: Thanks very much for the listen and comment. I liked your "The Cosmic Brain Part 1" and am looking forward to its completion.

DeeringAmps: I thank you for the listen and your tres cool comments. Much appreciated!

mark skinner: Hi Mark, thanks for the listen and suggestions. At the 2:06 mark a piano doubles the trumpet line an octave higher. That could be the problem you refer to. I'll have to revisit that section. Thanks for the help. I was blown away by your cover of "Take Me Down South".

emeraldsoul: Hi Tom, thanks very much for the rhythm guitar and reverb suggestions. I appreciate the help! I also appreciate the positive comments about the guitar and tune as well, thank you.

freddy j: Freddy! Thank you for listening and leaving such positive comments. Great job on "Blackhole Personality" by the way. Thanks again.

dcumpian: Hi Dan, I appreciate the listen and your taking the time to leave a comment. Glad you liked the tune, thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Douglas Kirby: Thanks for the listen and for taking the time to leave a comment! Glad you like the tune. I enjoyed your song "Sweet Temptation".

Paul Bush: Thank you, Paul. I appreciate the listen and positive comments. Great job on "Fake" btw.

Jesse Screed: Thank you, sir! 

On 3/10/2020 at 5:13 PM, Jesse Screed said:

you pry have some snake charm there

Well, I tried to use my mojo but it wasn't working so "snake charm" was all I had!  

David Sprouse: Thank you, David. I appreciate the listen and you taking the time to leave a comment. I'm glad you liked the song. I enjoyed your tune "Gossip Song".

AndyB01: Hi Andy, thanks very much for listening and your kind comments. Much appreciated.

User 905133: Thank you User 905133, glad you liked the tune!

garybrun: Thanks very much for listening and commenting. 

On 3/13/2020 at 4:34 AM, garybrun said:

a little reverb could give more definition to some of the instruments.

You're not the only person who has said this. I need to get over my fear of reverb!   

• 2 weeks later...