Applying multiple crossfades across multiple clips after drum editing

PJH

I'm trying to apply multiple cross fades across 11 tracks after editing drums and it doesn't seem to be working. This is something that I have been doing for a long time and now nothing seems to work.

Is this a bug or has the process changed?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I've been trying various processes to get this right and it seems that the cross fade behaviour is quite bizarre. If I even try to cross fade 1 split across 11 tracks, some of the tracks have the cross fade on them the others only have a fade out.

This is a bit of a train smash for me if I now have manually cross fade every drum edit.

I'm going to try this in SONAR and see if it does the same.

Hmm... no replies.

Is there anyone out there that can possible help with this problem?

I've just started to record a new album and if this feature no longer works I might have to look at another program - something I really don't even want to think about.

Thanks.

I don't know how your trying to apply the cross-fades, with a short cut or menu option?  When I have multi edited drums or the like one way that I apply crossfades to all of them is to lasso select all the desired clips a across the tracks and then cntrl-drag the edge of one clip till it auto cross fades with the next clip. This will move all the selected clip's edges the same amount. This doesn't work if the gaps are not all somewhat close to the same length.  In that case I do the best i can with this method and then tweak the ones that were too far off.

Just something else to try

maybe double check if your autocross fade is switched on

image.png.ac67fc605f3e916335640df63ddae1c4.png

I've assigned a hotkey for the "fade clips" function then after editing all the drums i'll select all the clips and use that. You can find that under Clips> Fade Clips

image.png.953cf7a8582718a5491c4fd9999e9a03.png

There are 2 main fade types:

Fade and Fill Gaps.

Fade just apply a fade to all the clips with a specific in and out time. Fill gaps helps you cross fade clips and join them together if the clips are not touching each other.  This is my usual fade settings: sometimes the fill gap option doesnt really fade everything so ill do another pass of Fade without altering existing times/curve.

image.png.b61c94f68833389e9e8b8d1d77fa2ee0.png

i did a tutorial of my usual drum editing process here:

fade clips.gif

Thanks for the responses!

@reginaldStjohn - Thats exactly how I normally crossfade but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

@JL Thank you for your tutorials! I'm going to try them out. I will report back.

Cheers

Peter