Controlling SI Drums via Alesis Nitro Digital Kit

I cannot get the Alesis DM7X module's MIDI commands to trigger the drums in SI Drummer. I have an Akai MPD226 MIDI-over-USB pad controller that has a preset in it called "Sonar", and when I hook up the Akai and call up that preset - and it works fine. The pads trigger the sounds in the SI kit. But no matter what I do  cannot get the Alesis drum module to trigger the drums in SI Drums. And yes, the Alesis module is NOT plugged in via a USB port..

any ideas?

Assuming you have the Alesis module's MIDI connected some way to the PC, the module will either need to be configured to send the MIDI note values expected by SI Drums or CbB will need to use Transpose MFX or a drum map to translate the data. While not about the Alesis this thread

covers the same mapping issues.

Also, if the Alesis sends NRPN data it may shutdown the SI Drums plug-in. You can check this by recording the MIDI data from the Alesis and look at it in the Event List View. To prevent this data from messing with SI Drums enable "Do Not Intercept NRPNs"

3Oa2ztH.png

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I have downloaded and installed demos of Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer..just to make sure it wasn't just the MT PowerDrum or SI Drums VSTi's...I still cannot configure my Alesis kit to trigger ANY of the VSTi's. 

Alesis even sent me a replacement Nitro Mesh kit brain - same issue.

If someone has been successful in getting an Alesis Nitro Mesh kit to trigger a VSTi such as MT PowerDrum, or SI Drums from within CbB, I need some help. I am at a complete loss. Do you need some electric or acoustic guitars or slide guitars on a project, maybe I could do an internet session for you in payment?