Melodyne 4.2.1.003 Percussive/Melodic Fix?

Michael Fogarty

Gosh my memory. I thought we waited out an update and Melodyne fixed this bug. But I just set up a new computer with the latest download and am still having to manually switch from Percussive to Melodic because the program is not evaluating the algorithm correctly. All of you cats who were in the same boat is it working for you now? I just rolled back to 4.0. 

5 hours ago, sven450 said:

Yeah, I updated as well, and still have to manually change over to melodic.  I don't have an old enough version to roll back, but its only a couple clicks to fix.  Still a PITA.  I will keep waiting for a real update.....

When I bought  v4  4.2 was already the current version so that is what I got and I had the same issue, so I contacted Celemony and they quickly sent me an older installer (4.1 something) and it's working fine now. I didn't bother with the latest update - decided to wait and see if it was fixed first. I guess not. 

I updated to to the latest version and continued to have the same problem with detection.  I emailed Celemony, and they responded the next day.  However, here's their reply:  

Hello Lynn,

thanks for the mail. We’re aware of this issue but so far cannot reproduce it on our systems. We need to wait until we can to find out if the issue is with us or Bandlab.

Since I still had the installer in my download files, I deleted the new Melodyne from my programs and re-installed Melodyne 4.1.1, and it works like a charm.  Perhaps someone from Bandlab could work with Melodyne to solve this...

23 minutes ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Hello Lynn,

thanks for the mail. We’re aware of this issue but so far cannot reproduce it on our systems. We need to wait until we can to find out if the issue is with us or Bandlab.

It is interesting that you received this reply @Lynn Wilson because I got an email that said they had managed to reproduce it.