How to custom rewind the Now Time to a particular Bar

Sonarman

Question

I mean what I want is, I would like the Now Time to rewind to a specific Bar (lets say bar 5) everytime I hit the 'W' Key. I know by default it just goes back to zero. Is there any possible way this could be achieved? 
Also I have  noticed some DAW's would rewind to some landmarks and you will have to repeatedly press the same key if you have to go back to Zero.  Not sure if CbB has anything similar.

4 answers to this question

Hi Sonarman,

If you set a Marker at the beginning of the desired Bar, then you can use the goto Previous Marker button on the Tool Bar.  The key command is Ctrl+Shift+PgUp, although I believe you can change this to whatever key is available.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Thanks 1

Also, if you set a loop region, reWind will stop there first, and jump forward to there if already at zero. Very handy. 

Incidentally, I navigate by measures/markers so often that I have PgUp/Dn with no modifier bound to Previous/Next measure, and Ctrl+PgUp/Dn bound to Prev/Next Marker.

Edited by David Baay
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

What you could do is write a cal script to go to the measure you wish to go to and then map a keybinding to it.  (Don't use W as that is reserved and can't be used for anything else.

Here is the code to go to measure 5  (but can be any measure - just change the 5 to any measure you like)

(do
    (int measure  5)
    (= Now (makeTime measure 1 0))
)

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1