Blue Cat AcouFiend

cclarry

We are happy to unleash today Blue Cat's AcouFiend, an acoustic feedback simulation plug-in that emulates screaming feedback for guitars and more...

As a registered customer, you can get the new AcouFiend at a very special introduction price, until March 31st:

Blue Cat's AcouFiend

Your price: 47 EUR or $47 (40% off)

Click here to purchase the plug-in

Coupon code: Check your Email!

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_AcouFiend/?mailing

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, cclarry said:

We've been spoiled by the "$29 Monster" LOL

Yep, you are totally right, Larry :)  Even complaining when getting few bugs more to pay for great plugins :)

But other side is having such large collections and spending overall such extreme amount of money for virtual things we have no choice and need to be limited in some way ;) To be spoiled is - in this case - a tool which set threshold for our triggers ;)

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I suspect, the Magnificent CA is behind this product conception and development.

It seems pretty nice Soundwise. Excuse my ignorance as to who CA is but she/he must be inspired! 

Found this.. 

I have a Burny Les Paul with a sustainer pickup which I really like but would like to be able to do what it does on other guitars. Mesh convinced me to go for the Digitech pedal but I wondered if there was a software equivalent. I searched but drew a blank.... Until now! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

Excuse my ignorance as to who CA is

His name is Robert Paulson Craig.

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

I have a Burny Les Paul with a sustainer pickup which I really like but would like to be able to do what it does on other guitars. Mesh convinced me to go for the Digitech pedal but I wondered if there was a software equivalent. I searched but drew a blank.... Until now! 

Although I think sustaining feedback is cool and fun, I never really needed it on stage or in the studio. What do you use it for? Do you write music/licks for this effect, like Steve Vai does, or do you use it occasionally?

25 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Although I think sustaining feedback is cool and fun, I never really needed it on stage or in the studio. What do you use it for? Do you write music/licks for this effect, like Steve Vai does, or do you use it occasionally?

It's not something I use all the time but when I do it's either for infinite sustain (similar to an e-bow) e.g. for legato runs or for re creating acoustic feedback on an overdriven sound. The sustainer pickup also lets you switch in feedback on a different harmonic which mimics what can happen in a live situation. From the brief play I had with AcouFiend it is able to cover those scenarios to some extent  and is also MIDI controllable. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ZincT said:

Could this be the effect I have been looking for?  (VST equivalent of a Freqout pedal by Digitech).

Demoing it now.

Any thoughts @cclarry or @Mesh

The Frequout Pedal is a BLAST!!!  Obviously not for Jazz/Pop players,
But us Rock/Heavy Rock guys LOVE IT (ok...I LOVE IT 🤣)

I haven't even looked at this video yet...
Doesn't Softube's Acoustic Feedback do this too?

• Like 2

Just now, cclarry said:

The Frequout Pedal is a BLAST!!!  Obviously not for Jazz/Pop players,
But us Rock/Heavy Rock guys LOVE IT (ok...I LOVE IT 🤣)

I haven't even looked at this video yet...
Doesn't Softube's Acoustic Feedback do this too?

Yes it seems to do something very similar although I don't have a Frequout pedal (yet) my sustainer pickup produces similar results!

Love that "Flying a Blue Dream"-esque demo in the above playlist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Ok..just watched the video....I LIKE IT!
But, without actually using it...I can't comment
about "how good it is", but it sounds good on 
the video

You can download a demo from the product page on the right hand side. I had a quick play and it seems good but I want to explore the MIDI options a bit more.

• Like 2

Thanks for mentioning our software! 

AcouFiend is indeed capable of simulating feedback, but also sustain (use harmonic #1), e-bow tones and more. The idea of such a simulator as a plug-in is to either generate feedback/sustain at low volume while playing (for example on stage if you are using in-ear monitors and no amp, which happens more and more these days, or at home if you don't want to disturb neighbors), or to add feedback to existing tracks, after they have been recorded (it works better if you have the original dry signal of the guitar and re-amp it).

It also works on non-guitar signals, as shown in the lead synth example below:

It can create some pretty weird effects too, when used in the full wet path of a reverb or delay.

• Thanks 4

15 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I suspect, the Magnificent CA is behind this product conception and development.

If it's the same Craig I am thinking about, he is not behind the product, but we showed it to him at NAMM and he liked it!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Soundwise said:

His name is Robert Paulson Craig.

1 hour ago, Blue Cat said:

If it's the same Craig I am thinking about, he is not behind the product, but we showed it to him at NAMM and he liked it!

Ah of course Mr Anderton I'm guessing; sorry I was being a bit slow 👴 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Cat said:

Thanks for mentioning our software! 

AcouFiend is indeed capable of simulating feedback, but also sustain (use harmonic #1), e-bow tones and more. The idea of such a simulator as a plug-in is to either generate feedback/sustain at low volume while playing (for example on stage if you are using in-ear monitors and no amp, which happens more and more these days, or at home if you don't want to disturb neighbors), or to add feedback to existing tracks, after they have been recorded (it works better if you have the original dry signal of the guitar and re-amp it).

It also works on non-guitar signals, as shown in the lead synth example below: {snip}

It can create some pretty weird effects too, when used in the full wet path of a reverb or delay.

Hey, it also sounds brilliant on synth! Thanks.

12 hours ago, ZincT said:

You can download a demo from the product page on the right hand side. I had a quick play and it seems good but I want to explore the MIDI options a bit more.

This looks like what you've been looking for ZT. Very cool you can add feedback to existing tracks as well.  Still loving my Freqout pedal (there's just something about pressing a stompbox to get the desired effect instead of using a mouse). Will definitely checkout the demo.

When's the $29 sale going into affect? :P

• Haha 1