Strat guitar
Amp/Speaker sims
odds and ends noises
Blue 3 Hammond
MODO Bass
Superior Drums

All comments/ideas/critiques etc welcome! 😉

John B

Don't forget - Download CDs (including my newest one "Pull the Other One")
Are still available at https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
and all the normal streaming services.
CDBaby won't be selling physical CDs anymore - so just contact me if you want one - or look on Amazon or Apple etc.

Edited by jbraner
  • Like 2

Some tasty guitar licks to be sure. Maybe you could discuss your choice of amps and cabs?
Modo bass, interesting...
Just a slight crit on the drums (SD3 and EZD2 here as well), I love some "beater click" to give
that kick some definition, but you might have it just a tad overdone, or not.
Overall , thumbs up John.

t

Old Timer, you're not mocking me? I kid, I kid!!

We've reviewed I still don't know; right? MODO on that one too?

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for listening ;)

Old Timer isn't mocking you, or me for that matter - I got an old stratocaster and this was it's initial outing (for me) ;)

I use mostly S-Gear's Wayfarer or Mercuriall ReAxis for (software) amps, and then I bypass the speakers and use Torpedo Wall of Sound for my speaker sim. Lateley I've been using Celestion V30s for almost everything and occassionally a 2 x 12 cab with Celestion Blue Alnicos.

I've beem using MODO bass for a little while now (replaced Trilian) and I really like it.

"I still don't know" is really old. I updated it a little, but most of it is original including Superior 1 drums, and the bass was maybe the Spectrasonics one before Trilian (Trilogy?) But to be honest, I can't remember - it's all bounced, so I just kept it as it (redid eq, compressor, console emulator etc)

re: SD3 drums - I guess I like beater click even more than you do ;)

Anyway - thanks again for taking the time to listen ;)

• Like 1

Hi J, just loved that strat riff weaving back and forth and the groove was  top , I was waiting for the vocals to pop in and I just wanted to sing along , i love a good ol`sing-a-long but thats just me , Im not al technical minded so i cant  say anything on that front (i am learning though) but yeah liked it a lot cheers paul DB

Edited by Paul Bush