cakewalk sending random midi CC and note data

Lewis Dixon

so, this has been happening a while but has got significantly worse lately. cakewalk seems to be sending completely random midi CC and note data when i hit play/stop, switch tracks, enter and exit the preferences, basically when i do pretty much anything. Iv'e checked my midi inputs, none of them are sending anything (in fact, i disabled all of them and it still happened). iv'e run midiox and it doesn't show anything, so i'm totally lost as to whats going on.

my only potential idea is that iv'e got my keylab mk2 set up as an ACT controller, and potentially that's causing an issue, but it used to work perfectly.

i checked the midi monitor on my argon8, and when i hit play in a completely empty project with no midi inputs or midi tracks, this is the result (2 videos, i hit play then stop in both of them, turn your volume down): https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q6d7ceZnHFdpUMWB8

Edited by Lewis Dixon

11 hours ago, Lewis Dixon said:

how can it possibly be the controller, if ive got it disabled. and the note on messages arent anything to do with the modwheel.

I was just indicating, generically, that the circuits on controllers can start going flaky as they age and/or get bumped around enough, etc..., since someone had posted about that possibility, as it definitely did happen on my system, until I turned off Mod Wheel data transmission on that controller.

Bob Bone

1 hour ago, Robert Bone said:

I was just indicating, generically, that the circuits on controllers can start going flaky as they age and/or get bumped around enough, etc..., since someone had posted about that possibility, as it definitely did happen on my system, until I turned off Mod Wheel data transmission on that controller.

I have had this happen on my PCR-800 as well - this time it was the pan control sending out random CC10 events.  I fixed it with a dab of electrical (non lubricating) contact cleaner in the slider...  

In the OPs case looks like something funky going on with the ACT drivers (or whether you use)

• Like 1