Microsoft Excel - Advice Please

Given that this is the Coffee House and your track record of jokes in said forum, I had to read your question very cautiously a couple of times to see if this was some kind of joke that just went over my head. It still may be, but otherwise your formula in the green cell would be =IF(B3+C3>0,1,””). Mind you, I don't have an English version of Excel so both the function name and the divider sign are slightly different on my computer, but I think this slightly modified version should work just fine.

Edited by Canopus
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

I'm also guilty of the same, especially since this is one of the easiest formulas (my friend's joke that when I die, my eulogy will be in Excel...).

Canopus has it correct with =IF(B3+C3>0,1,"")

If you wanted to see a "0" on Saturday, then just change the quotes to a zero: =IF(B3+C3>0,1,0)

Edited by craigb
  • Great Idea 1

To obtain the red text format, the 2010 Excel that I have utilizes Conditional formatting (from the Home tab). 

But didn't Excel used to allow formulas with color conditioning directly within the formula itself, back maybe in 2003 Excel or perhaps even older?  

I've been using MS Office since the mid-1980s, but there's no way I remember when changes took place through all those years and versions.  But I'm pretty certain that we used conditional formatting directly in the formula in Excel back when I was in Business college in 1990.

• Great Idea 1