CHRIS LORD-ALGE UNSCRIPTED | The Beato Interview

Royal Yaksman

25 minutes ago, Logan_4600 said:

I've recently discovered the Rick Beato YT channel. Lot's of great stuff in there.

Me too. A lot of it is way over my head but he's a very engaging chap, and I love his 'what makes this song great' series. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, paulo said:

He's nothing like I thought he would be, which is strange because I've never consciously thought what he might be like.

Same. Despite owning a few plugs with his name on it, I'm not sure that I have even heard him speak before? For some reason, I dunno if it is because he has been in the software game for ages, I guess I kind of pictured a semi-nerdy dude. I hit play, half thinking I'm probably not going to watch the whole thing and two minutes in, I got myself a drink and settled right in!!! 😀

10 hours ago, James G said:

Me too. A lot of it is way over my head but he's a very engaging chap, and I love his 'what makes this song great' series. 

That series is awesome. There has been quite a few songs where I recall having seen the tab for it, but when I played it through, one part just wasn't quite the same. I always assumed that maybe the band just doubled some stuff, so it won't sound right with just one guitar? But then Beato does a physical play through and pulls out some dissonant note with a hidden rest and I slap my head, realising I have been playing it wrong all along! 💩

I think my relative pitch is only relative to parrot fashioned learning. 🤪

• Like 1