gforce VSM plus expansion pack 66% off

simon

Well I went ahead and bought it. I have been curious for a while but held off on price.

I like it. I have some other options like Arturia's Solina V, Hollow Sun's Prog Pack and Soniccouture's " The Attic 2" 

The Attic 2 is probably closest in range of sounds available. I think the VSM has a certain immediacy that makes it easier to layer different sources together and shape the results. The filter and envelope options for each layer give a lot of scope for editing.  Being able to control the filters with after touch is useful too.

That said The Attic, being a Kontakt (player) library does leave you the option of building layered multis far beyond the two sources available in VSM and It has non- string machine instruments. VSM has way more presets.

I am pretty happy with the purchase even though it was a non essential for me given my other options. 

These things take me back to the days when as a spotty student oik I got to try a Solina in a local music shop. They had the amp up loud as all it took was for me to play a few block chords to bl-ow me away with the power.

Edited by Vernon Barnes
(had to use the hyphen due to forum censor)
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Well I went ahead and bought it. I have been curious for a while but held off on price.

I like it. I have some other options like Arturia's Solina V, Hollow Sun's Prog Pack and Soniccouture's " The Attic 2" 

The Attic 2 is probably closest in range of sounds available. I think the VSM has a certain immediacy that makes it easier to layer different sources together and shape the results. The filter and envelope options for each layer give a lot of scope for editing.  Being able to control the filters with after touch is useful too.

That said The Attic, being a Kontakt (player) library does leave you the option of building layered multis far beyond the two sources available in VSM and It has non- string machine instruments. VSM has way more presets.

I am pretty happy with the purchase even though it was a non essential for me given my other options. 

These things take me back to the days when as a spotty student oik I got to try a Solina in a local music shop. They had the amp up loud as all it took was for me to play a few block chords to bl-ow me away with the power.

The big difference for me is Fx , the flanger , chorus , ensemble ect in geforce stuff are just authentic versus uvi arturia and Ni stuff 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

Dang. Some people being very negative about VSM (but not about MTron Pro):

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=420750&start=45

also some people saying they love it.  Personally I wouldn't let that put you off.

Any criticism I have are down to the GUI/interface which is fairly prehistoric.  This is true of ALL the gforce stuff IMO.  The sound is first rate (to my ears) and the price is pretty good too. 

• Like 2