Questions and Rants

kitekrazy

Why do people offer/buy presets for Chtuhlu ?   I thought the whole point was for generating ideas.   I have it and so far have not put it to use.

Rant

PC hardware - it seems it's more about aesthetics.  The prices of fans seem pretty high because the glow.   I want the Chernobly meltdown color if possible.  

I guess most budget mid tower cases aren't designed for DAW users who like more than 4 drives.  

I'm still waiting for the video card market to crash to play some games.       

Intel is still pricey.   They ditched stock coolers.  Buying a cooler can be a crapshoot.   The CPU + cooler makes Intel expensive.   AMD still comes with a cooler.  

16 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Why do people offer/buy presets for Chtuhlu ?   I thought the whole point was for generating ideas.   I have it and so far have not put it to use.

Rant

PC hardware - it seems it's more about aesthetics.  The prices of fans seem pretty high because the glow.   I want the Chernobly meltdown color if possible.  

I guess most budget mid tower cases aren't designed for DAW users who like more than 4 drives.  

I'm still waiting for the video card market to crash to play some games.       

Intel is still pricey.   They ditched stock coolers.  Buying a cooler can be a crapshoot.   The CPU + cooler makes Intel expensive.   AMD still comes with a cooler.  

Kite I think it's because they have a market with the gamer crowd, though I have seen studios where they dress up the computer case. Goes along with the running light leds under the recording desk . When I bought a case it was primarily about noise suppression for me. I don't even have a lava lamp.😥

Intel/AMD....that's a can of worms I won't open. Mainly because once it's open I don't know if I can close it :) Competition is good though.

18 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Intel is still pricey.   They ditched stock coolers.  Buying a cooler can be a crapshoot.   The CPU + cooler makes Intel expensive.  

Forget the cooler. Use the CPU to fry some becan.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, kitekrazy said:

The Prescotts (still got a P4 system parted out) could also do the job.

I once burned my finger on one of those when I was swapping CPUs in a mobo. Ouch! Very hot! :)

Edited by abacab

The old T-Bird and Athlon heat sinks were the best way to destroy a motherboard.  Then Intel got stupid with the push pin coolers. Despite having insecurity issues putting those Intel ones on they were just as good and sometimes better than 3rd party coolers.

On 3/4/2020 at 5:31 AM, Starise said:

Kite I think it's because they have a market with the gamer crowd, though I have seen studios where they dress up the computer case. Goes along with the running light leds under the recording desk . When I bought a case it was primarily about noise suppression for me. I don't even have a lava lamp.😥

Intel/AMD....that's a can of worms I won't open. Mainly because once it's open I don't know if I can close it :) Competition is good though.

Not much surprises or shocks me these days BUT I’m absolutely astounded that you don’t have a Lava Lamp. Incredible and shocking to say the least.

• Haha 1