Morgan Bay (Dexter's Song)

steve@baselines.com

I was addicted to binge watching this show.  Discovered it 4 years into the series.  Being the sick puppy I am, I thoroughly enjoyed this tale.  So I wrote a song.  This one has @darrengarrett from bandlab singing.  An interesting thing about this (at least if you are me) is that the main riff and musical idea song came from my iPad alarm clock.  The default 'wakeup' music was a gmin to cmin dreamlike string progression.  Well, it morphed into something else in my sick mind.  But I still remember that alarm clock waking me up to a job that I pretty much dreaded every single day for a few years.  Luckily, music is the thing now.  That and keeping the wife happy.  Maybe I'll write another song ... LOL.  Oh!  and there's a video too.  How cool is that?  http://baselines.com/?p=5127

• Like 1

Thank you for your comment - I gave feedback just yesterday.  But you are correct, I don't do it much here.  I am very active on Bandlab, and that is where I give all my feedback.  If you have an account there, I would be happy to follow you.  There are only so many hours in the day, and I have to listen to probably 30-50 new songs a day.  It's OK with me if people don't comment here on my songs, it's only fair as I do not often do that either.  But it is a good forum for having new folks listen and maybe come over to Bandlab as a result.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

I gave feedback just yesterday

That's why I posted...
I get you're busy, we all are, and you have to pick and choose.
I hang here not on BandLab, maybe that's to my detriment.
What's that line the classical teacher tells 'Lighten' in Crossroads?
"You can't serve two masters"

t

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

That's why I posted...
I get you're busy, we all are, and you have to pick and choose.
I hang here not on BandLab, maybe that's to my detriment.
What's that line the classical teacher tells 'Lighten' in Crossroads?
"You can't serve two masters"

t

Exactly Tom!  There are not enough hours in the day.  Consider joining Bandlab, it is really an excellent place to meet new musicians, and I would definitely follow and comment on your stuff.  It is a perfect place for collaboration.  Will you consider it?  If so, let me know the details.

3 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Exactly Tom!  There are not enough hours in the day.  Consider joining Bandlab, it is really an excellent place to meet new musicians, and I would definitely follow and comment on your stuff.  It is a perfect place for collaboration.  Will you consider it?  If so, let me know the details.

So, you can post here and expect feedback but if we want your feedback we  have to post on another site.  😲

😲

22 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

So, you can post here and expect feedback but if we want your feedback we  have to post on another site.  😲

😲

No, as I said I don't expect feedback.  If people want to listen, fine.  If they don't fine.  If they listen and like it enough, they can leave a comment and I will reply.  My tagline shows people how they can communicate with me where I live (on Bandlab) and they can contact me if they want me to either collab or review their material.