Using 2 midi inputs at the same time

DocBob

Question

I have a keyboard routed through a Roland OctaCapture which plugs into a USB  port. I also have a Korg NanoKontrol2  plugged into a different USB port.  I cannot use both at the same time. I have to disable the OctaCapture  in order to use the NanoKontrol. The idea is to input notes from the keyboard AND add expression and modulation "live" via the NanoKontrol.  REAPER has no difficulty with this setup so it I know it is not a windows issue. There has to be something in the routing of Cakewalk.

Any ideas out there?

3 answers to this question

I'll answer my own question.  Somehow all the track inputs were set to the NanoKontrol instead of Midi Omni.  Easy to fix, but I have no idea how this even happened! I never changed them myself so Cakewalk did without my knowledge or consent!

If you want to get more specific than MIDI Omni (i.e. all channels of all ports), which can be problematic if you have MIDI-generating VSTs in the project, choose Manage Presets from the Input pick list, and define a preset for only those specific MIDI ports and channels that you want to record:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=0x203D5 

Edited by David Baay
  • Great Idea 1