Autotune in my vocals (or other effects)

rpreid

Question

I know this might seem like a typical question BUT I searched and searched for how to put autotune in my vocals. I tried MautoPitch and have now got plenty of VST plugins and all that. But after looking at all the tutorials of how to put these in, I realised my version of cakewalk wasn't the same, it's a more updated/modern version. Someone please help :( I am still looking for a way to add these effects or plugins... no luck yet. Any ideas people? SOS xd

3 answers to this question

It depends on what plug-in you are trying to use. I don't have Autotune so I cannot help you with that.  If you have Melodyne you can right click your clip and make a Melodyne region effect.  If the plug-ins you are using are standard VST's then you insert them in the FX bin in the track view or in the console view. Of course you mentioned you tried MAutoPitch so you must know how to do that.

What happened when you used MAutoPitch?

• Thanks 1

Emm well I downloaded a few mautopitch vstplugins, but I didn't know how to "insert them" into cakewalk. And I can't open them manualy because it said something about a problem with a .dll file idk.

But anyway I'll try what you said, in the fx bin at the track (never even heard of that but I'll give it a look).

Thanks anyhow!! 

Cakewalk must know where your plugins are. Go 'preferences - vst settings - add' and then locate the plugin (.dll file) of the desired plugin. Once it's there and the path shows on the list, it's ready for use in Cakewalk.