Crazy bouncing issue

Light Grenade

Question

Hi all, 

I'm encountering a really bizzare bouncing issue. Upon export (fast bounce, or slow bounce) my waveform peaks at the very beginning and the rest of the file looks like white noise. After I have exported, the session goes a bit haywire, and pressing any button results in clicking, crackling, and general horribleness. I had a listen to the file outside of the daw, and this happens. I can only get the session back to normal upon re-starting. It's a heavy session, but everything plays fine. I have frozen every track to lighten the CPU load, and haven't installed any new plugins recently. 

As you can see from the video, I am experiencing what seems like some sort of interference noise when moving any control on my interface when the file is opened. This only happens when I open the dodgy file, all other bounces are totally fine. This also happens with bounce to track inside the session. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

3 answers to this question

On 3/2/2020 at 4:07 PM, Kevin Perry said:

Do you have 64 bit mixing enabled?  If so, try turning it off: I had one plugin that behaved like this years ago.

I totally forgot to say, but this solved my issue and made my life way easier. 

I disabled 64 bit exporting and it exported as normal. The error seems to only occur on heavy sessions. Before this I was re-routing my entire project so I could record into an aux track.

Thanks!