Auto mute

kjs00333

Hello - I'm new to bandlab and having an issue when recording over tracks.  I'm using a single track and when I need to "punch in" it mutes the pre roll portion of the track that I'm recording over.  I didn't have this problem with earlier versions of Sonar.  X3 I believe did the same thing though..

Is there a way to stop it from doing that?  

Thanks,

1 hour ago, kjs00333 said:

when I need to "punch in" it mutes the pre roll portion of the track that I'm recording over. 

When you say 'preroll' you mean the section ahead of the punch region? What's the audio source, and what are you're record settings?

• 1 month later...

I'm not really using a "punch region", just hitting record on the same track like I used to do in Sonar but never had this issue with the other application.  When I'm recording over the same track with Bandlab, the portion of the track I'm recording over gets a "cut line" going through the original take, and then mutes the section after the cut line.  I think I saw a way to turn off that feature since it's annoying as hell..but can't for the life of me locate it again.  

1 minute ago, reginaldStjohn said:

If you want to hear the audio of the same track on which you are recording you need to change the record mode to "sound-on-sound".  Right click on the big record button in the transport bar and change the recording mode.

Sure.  I am mainly trying to get rid of the "cut and mute" issue of the underlying track I'm recording over versus hearing sound.  

Umm, So you just don't want it to make a cut in the previous take(s)? Maybe you can disable takes? If I loop record it always cuts the previous audio and then adds a take lane. "Sound-on-sound" should not mute the previous take(s). I suppose you could try to "lock" the clip over which you are recording and see if that prevents the cut?