Time&Space invalided Toontrack serial numbers bought in Sept 2018

Matthew Sorrels

So back at the end of 2018 I purchased a Toontrack Drum MIDI 6 pack and a EZX Expansion Value Pack (3 EZX expansions) from Time&Space.  I had used 3 of the drum codes and one of the EZX codes and was generally just waiting for more interesting releases to show.  This weekend I tried to redeem one of the drum codes and was told the code was an "Invalid Serial Number".  I contacted Toontrack with receipts and the codes as sent by T&S and they told me:

"The serials have been voided at the request of the retailer and they ask that you reach out to them with further questions. We appreciate your understanding."

So I sent email to T&S and they did give me replacement codes, though one of the replacement EZX code was already registered in another account and I had to get them to send me a second one.  I asked for an explanation and they said (and I quote): "There are other issues regarding some codes at the moment. "  that was it. 

I've gone ahead and redeemed all the codes they sent me (more drums!), since I'm not sure I trust them anymore.  By invalidating codes they sold to me I kind of see it like they stole my property (it wasn't theirs anymore after they sold it).  They did fix the issue but I'd say strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.  If you are sitting on Toontrack codes bought from Time&Space you might want to check them.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Yeah they should have at least contacted me.  The serial numbers are still showing on my account at T&S, they know exactly what they sent to me.  And I'm not exactly hard to contact, since I spend money there pretty much monthly.

Good news is now that I've redeemed all those codes Toontrack is sure to release new super-amazing products, that I no longer have codes to get.  😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

since I'm not sure I trust them anymore. 

I won't deal with them anymore.

7 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Toontrack is sure to release new super-amazing products, that I no longer have codes to get. 

Thanks!! LOL!!

Ok I had a drum MIDI 6 pack purchased in October 2018 from T&S - I have 5 left and all of them give "invalid serial number"! Just emailed T&S. Last time I buy from them.

I also have an EZKeys MIDI pack purchased from BestService and the remaining serials work fine.

Edited by ZincT
  • Sad 3

I did have an already used one issued by pluginboutique a few months ago - wonder if a stack of them leaked ?

They were totally fine and just issued an immediate replacement.  Just thought it odd at the time.  It would be so easy for Toontrack to track and block them ?  More likely they don't want to get involved with anything legal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So back at the end of 2018 I purchased a Toontrack Drum MIDI 6 pack and a EZX Expansion Value Pack (3 EZX expansions) from Time&Space.  I had used 3 of the drum codes and one of the EZX codes and was generally just waiting for more interesting releases to show.  This weekend I tried to redeem one of the drum codes and was told the code was an "Invalid Serial Number".  I contacted Toontrack with receipts and the codes as sent by T&S and they told me:

"The serials have been voided at the request of the retailer and they ask that you reach out to them with further questions. We appreciate your understanding."

So I sent email to T&S and they did give me replacement codes, though one of the replacement EZX code was already registered in another account and I had to get them to send me a second one.  I asked for an explanation and they said (and I quote): "There are other issues regarding some codes at the moment. "  that was it. 

I've gone ahead and redeemed all the codes they sent me (more drums!), since I'm not sure I trust them anymore.  By invalidating codes they sold to me I kind of see it like they stole my property (it wasn't theirs anymore after they sold it).  They did fix the issue but I'd say strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.  If you are sitting on Toontrack codes bought from Time&Space you might want to check them.

Same thing happened to me around Black Friday. Tried to use a EZ X 3 pack and said invalid. Went to Toontrack who sent me to Time+Space. I included Toontracks email to me and everything got worked out. Took a few days but got worked out. The serials I had were about 15 months old at the time. Time Space sounded a bit like they know who was behind it. Maybe former employee? That what it seemed like to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

Ok I had a drum MIDI 6 pack purchased in October 2018 from T&S - I have 5 left and all of them give "invalid serial number"! Just emailed T&S. Last time I buy from them.

I also have an EZKeys MIDI pack purchased from BestService and the remaining serials work fine.

That the same time I bought mine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If it was a former employee or a hacker that is at the root of this, then that would be a shame. But to be honest, I will think about this before I pull the trigger on any purchase from them. And I likely won't pull the trigger. Just being honest.

If it was a former employee or a hacker, neither says anything good about the security over there.

5 hours ago, Grem said:

I won't deal with them anymore.

I don't think it's necessary to go quite that far.  I imagine they are in a bit of a tough spot depending on what exactly happened.   Could they have done things differently? Yes they could have, but they did fix my issue.  Hopefully they didn't loose too much money over all of this.  Since businesses don't pay for theft--their customers do.  While this will factor into my buying things from Time&Space, this won't totally shut them out.  The best deal always has a few factors more than just price involved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I don't think it's necessary to go quite that far.  

I thought about it and agree with you. That's why I wrote the second post

As you can read in that post, I also agree with this:

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

always has a few factors more than just price involved.

• Like 2