Midi playing does not work

Pakewalker

Question

The above image shows my workspace. There is a track selected and a piano row. When I click on the keyboard keys, it produces sound. But, when hitting play, the instrument produces no sound, that is, it does not play the notes which are in the piano row. Please, why is this happening?

image.png

4 answers to this question

What interface are you using for output? The onboard audio is showing muted in the system tray. Also the notes in the PRV are so light, they look like they might be muted (not the clip, but the individual notes). If so, select all, and click a note in the PRV with the mute tool to unmute.

Other possibilities: Shift+T to show lanes, and make sure the lane isn't muted, and show the controller pane in the PRV and make sure the velocities are up.

Edited by David Baay

Hi, none of the suggestions worked. As I said, sound was set up correctly since I could hear the instrument by pressing the piano row keys. I messed a lot with this, and the solution was to use the event inspector to change the channel of the midi tracks. Don't know why I had to go through that procedure though. I just tried a lot of stuff and that's what solved it for me.

Edited by Pakewalker