Not working - How To Create Easy Tempo Maps in Cakewalk with Melodyne 4

I followed the instruction in this video  to a "t"   but I'm not getting the proper results (I have Melodyne Studio 4)

I used a track that has super obvious transients and I get this:

image.thumb.png.587208552ddaaede5aea5ad8d10e8ca3.png

Any idea why it wouldn't line up after

1)    Setting Measure/Beat Now Time to Measure 2 beat 1

2)  Dragging the Clip to the Time Line

Result clearly isn't lining up the timeline with the audio.

Thanks for any insight.  

Looks like the clip has some 'dead air' on the front end, and setting the tempo at 2:01 should not have been necessary. Try clip-editing the start of the clip to the first transient, drag it back to 1:01:000 and then drag it to the timeline. If you need it to start at 2:01, you can insert a measure with Ripple Edit All enabled to push the clip and the tempo changes out with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David Baay said:

Looks like the clip has some 'dead air' on the front end, and setting the tempo at 2:01 should not have been necessary. Try clip-editing the start of the clip to the first transient, drag it back to 1:01:000 and then drag it to the timeline. If you need it to start at 2:01, you can insert a measure with Ripple Edit All enabled to push the clip and the tempo changes out with it.

Same result, problem still exists.  

image.thumb.png.dd8e10186edf996b7e2108c84873e730.png

Are those transients supposed to be a quarter-note click track?  Is Melodyne inserting incorrect tempo changes, or just not running at all? I've never tried Melodyne with just a click track, but it should work.

EDIT: I did a quick test using a click track with a steadily increasing tempo. Melodyne Editor made some mistakes, but got pretty close.

Edited by David Baay

7 hours ago, David Baay said:

Are those transients supposed to be a quarter-note click track?  Is Melodyne inserting incorrect tempo changes, or just not running at all? I've never tried Melodyne with just a click track, but it should work.

EDIT: I did a quick test using a click track with a steadily increasing tempo. Melodyne Editor made some mistakes, but got pretty close.

Yes.  

I setup a mic and played a track of a friend playing acoustic.  The system did a horrible job of translating his playing, so I setup a mic on my desk and literally created a click track  of myself playing quarter notes of my finger hitting the hard table.    Thus the time will fluctuate some, but will be quarter notes within a reasonable BPM of each other.  

That result you see is Melodyne/Cakewalk's result (i.e. the new timeline it created).  You can see the 76.67 BPM listed (it was the stock 120 before I dropped the track onto the top of the timeline.

Edited by Brian Walton

i would try selecting the whole clip and then using Bounce to clips. Then repeat.

Your not using a groove clip are you ? I'm not sure if having the clip a groove clip would affect this or not but i would make sure it is just a typical audio clip first.

This probably isn't helpful i know, but its all i got man 😊

15 hours ago, David Baay said:

Not sure what could make it go that wrong. If you want to share either the guitar track or the click track somewhere I'll see if I get a different result.

Thank you, yes I'll uplaod it when I get a chance and send a link.

9 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

i would try selecting the whole clip and then using Bounce to clips. Then repeat.

Your not using a groove clip are you ? I'm not sure if having the clip a groove clip would affect this or not but i would make sure it is just a typical audio clip first.

This probably isn't helpful i know, but its all i got man 😊

It was just a standard audio clip.  I haven't ever used bounce to clips, but I could give that a shot.