Cakewalk update should not remove your settings

jono grant

Every time I get an update from Cakewalk I fail to remember to go and save my basic.cwt, so it removes all the settings I carefully set up including a huge synth rack full of stuff.

Cakewalk, give the user an option to keep their settings as they are, very annoying to have to re set up all that stuff. Or show a reminder to save your basic.cwt.

!!!

The installers always update the factory supplied templates but only in the default folder location. It has been this way for a long time (well before CbB). So...

Either do not modify the factory supplied templates (IOW try to create template names that Cakewalk will never use) or use a custom location. I do the latter and have never lost a template regardless of the names used.

While basic.cwt is the factory default, any project template may be designated as the default by clicking on the star in the upper left of the template image in the Start Screen or selecting the template and clicking the Set as Default Template button in the New Project dialog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1