Sonar Occasionally Gets Stuck in Memory

1 hour ago, jsg said:

Calling up the right-click context menu for editing in the notation editor in Sonar is a one-step affair.  In Cakewalk Bandlab, one has to either click CTRL and right-click first, or, even slower, change tools.

I notice that in the Piano Roll it works the way you describe, with a simple right click, so it looks as if something got botched. Do you know if this has been reported? If the behavior was changed deliberately or by accident? Did you notice the change with the very first CbB release or later?

P.S. Regarding the business model, I've posted at length regarding my speculations, but think of Google Chrome and other freeware programs that tie into other products and services that a company sells. BandLab is a diversified company with many brands, and was already marketing 3 freeware DAW's before they acquired the Cakewalk, Inc. IP. The code was already mature and in place when they bought it (likely at a good price!). It's low overhead, the people who make up the staff are not in one big office, they don't take out big magazine ads, etc. They have larger plans for it that we haven't seen yet, I am sure. We haven't been told because you don't show your hand to possible competitors.

Edited by Starship Krupa

On 3/11/2020 at 6:02 PM, scook said:

Another thing to try is always close all open projects before shutting down SONAR.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too.  There's a very specific condition that causes the program to get stuck in memory, and about 85% of the time it doesn't get stuck.  If I can find what that condition is, I can find the workaround..

Thanks,

Jerry

• 11 months later...

It actually hangs in memory quite often here. I just confirmed that my MOTU micro lite MIDI interface is almost always the culprit. As soon as I unplug it from the computer, CbB is released from memory.

(year old thread. If SEARCH would reveal a newer topic I'd use that.)