I lost all my BT plugins that came with Sonar :(

Yesterday I had to delete the file path for Toontrack EZ mixer so I could update the newer version. Ez mix now works but for some reason a message came up and said it could not find any of the BT plugins, such as their eqs and others. Does anyone know of a way to get them back other than a system restore? My windows 7 will not do a system restore for some reason. Thanks.

If your BT plugins (I assume you mean the Nomad Factory Blue Tube stuff)  were on the file path that you deleted, then guess what?

The way to re-install BT is to reinstall Sonar and/or the Sonar plugins, depending on the version of Sonar that you had. Blue Tubes came with X3 and Platinum. If you have X3 you can launch the custom installer and select just the plugins that you want to install, and un-select the Sonar program install. If you only have Platinum, you will need to launch CCC.

59 minutes ago, abacab said:

If you have X3 you can launch the custom installer and select just the plugins that you want to install

I think my Sonar x3 was a download, I didn't get the cds. Is it still possible now that it's bandlab? And after I read your reply, I realized that I am using the bandlab version. So I went and opened up Sonar x3 and the Blue Tubes are still there but it's still the old version of EZ mix. Should I just reinstall bandlab?

18 minutes ago, Screaming For Attention said:

I think my Sonar x3 was a download, I didn't get the cds. Is it still possible now that it's bandlab? And after I read your reply, I realized that I am using the bandlab version. So I went and opened up Sonar x3 and the Blue Tubes are still there but it's still the old version of EZ mix. Should I just reinstall bandlab?

Your X3 downloads, serials, & reg codes are all still available at your old Cakewalk.com account. It was download only after Sonar 8.5.

If you still see the BT plugins available in X3, most likely you have more than one VST folder on your PC. If you wish to use Sonar X3 plugins in Cakewalk by BandLab, you should be using the same VST folder for both.  Check your folder settings to be sure you are using the same path in both versions.

EZ mix doesn't ring a bell with me, so no idea what that is, or if it was ever bundled with Sonar. Not on my list of Sonar plugins.

To recap the recommended procedure for using Sonar plugins with CbB, first install Sonar with all desired plugins, then install CbB and let it scan the folder that Sonar uses for VST files. So, install Sonar first, then CbB. If you think the Sonar install may be messed up, you can uninstall both programs and start over from the beginning. All Sonar plugins should be available in CbB if you install Sonar first, and use a common VST folder.

Edited by abacab

5 hours ago, Screaming For Attention said:

...I went and opened up Sonar x3 and the Blue Tubes are still there...

If the BT plugins are available in your X3, they are on your system somewhere. Track 'em down and then open your Cakewalk by Bandlab, press "P" for Preferences and enter the correct path in "VST Settings."

Dialogs2.064.1.png

• Like 1

Please compare VST Scan Path settings both X3 and CbB preferences what abacab and Larry said.
Probably there is a difference I think.

And... I'm wondering why your system has both new and old EZ mix... It's Okay?
New and old versions are installed to different folders?

• 2 weeks later...

abacab, you said earlier in this thread "all still available at your old Cakewalk.com account."

I just tried logging in using the email I've had forever; got a message "There is no account by this username or email address. Would you like to create an account? click here to begin" - then got the msg "New Cakewalk account creation is currently disabled."

I tried the same thing a few weeks ago with same results - it's been a few years since I've done anything with music; when I got into it again, the bandlab thing was just happening. I have Cakewalk products from floppy disk era up to Sonar upgrades (8.5), Project 5, Rapture, Dimension pro, etc - your comment about everything still being usable gave me a big smile (til I actually TRIED to - now, not so much :=(

Any suggestions? Sorry for the hijack, first post here after signing up... Steve

Edited by Steve Leverich

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2019 at 5:06 PM, Pathfinder said:

They are the Studio Mixing FX Suite

Just what I came to find! Thanks.

Edit: I archived all these files, but sadly it won't install, says it's the wrong version.  I guess I need to install olde Sonar first. I was trying to be clever and skip that step. 

Edited by Chris Boshuizen

It's dead simple, Log on to Command Center and install. While your at it download everything and BACK IT UP! 

If you were smart you would have all those files from the Command Center download folder backed up a half dozen times along with all your authorization codes. There is hundreds of dollars worth of stuff in there and one day that ol' server will crappe' out or ya, you'll forget your log on password.