Ample Sound Guitars InstDir Read Error 7

19 hours ago, abacab said:

Can you insert the Amplitube FX on an instrument track now?

Yes but only if i go into preferences and remove VST3 from the scan. When I rescan then Amplitube shows up and can be used. But if I close Cakewalk or another scan occurs then VST3 appears in the scan preferences again. 

Adding the VST3 folder to scan paths is entirely unnecessary, and could cause issues. DAWs are generally hard coded to scan that path by default, as it is a standard for VST3 now.

Strangely enough Melodyne is in VST3 too. 

Adding the VST3 folder to scan paths is entirely unnecessary, and could cause issues. DAWs are generally hard coded to scan that path by default, as it is a standard for VST3 now.

Strangely enough Melodyne is in VST3 too. 

In case I wasn't clear, VST3 plug-ins belong in the VST3 folder. The VST3 folder does NOT belong in the VST scan paths.

IKM Amplitube 5 is both VST2 and VST3. You can use either one that you prefer. The installer should provided both versions. The VST2 would have been placed in the location that you specified when prompted during the install.

Melodyne 5 is a VST3 only (VST2 discontinued).

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

In case I wasn't clear, VST3 plug-ins belong in the VST3 folder. The VST3 folder does NOT belong in the VST scan paths.

IKM Amplitube 5 is both VST2 and VST3. You can use either one that you prefer. The installer should provided both versions. The VST2 would have been placed in the location that you specified when prompted during the install.

I wonder why Cakewalk insists vst3 folder is in scan paths if theres nothing in there to scan.

Your VST3 folder is located at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" correct?

That is the official location that all DAWs know about, and auto scan by default. Any VST3 files there should be added to the Cakewalk plug-in browser, unless excluded.

Your VST2 folder(s) can be anywhere, as long as you tell the DAW to scan them by adding the paths.

23 hours ago, abacab said:

I wonder why Cakewalk insists vst3 folder is in scan paths if theres nothing in there to scan.

• 5 months later...