Ample Sound Guitars InstDir Read Error 7

• 10 months later...

Ample Bass P lite has the normal note range of a 4 string P-Bass, E1 to F4.

One cause for a wrong octave can be if the bass lines are written on a synth (which can play lower), so the notes may be outside of the actual P-Bass note range.

Cakewalk also has a setting in Preferences > Customization > Display > "Base Octave for pitches" that determines what octave displays on the piano roll as (0), (1), (2), (3), etc.

I have set my Base Octave at (-2), and the E1 on Ample lines up with E1 on the piano roll. If I set "Base Octave for pitches"to (0), the piano roll is off by 2 octaves. Then I have to play E3 on the piano roll to hit E1 on the bass.

And also not running as admin here.

Edited by abacab

21 hours ago, abacab said:

Ample Bass P lite has the normal note range of a 4 string P-Bass, E1 to F4.

One cause for a wrong octave can be if the bass lines are written on a synth (which can play lower), so the notes may be outside of the actual P-Bass note range.

Cakewalk also has a setting in Preferences > Customization > Display > "Base Octave for pitches" that determines what octave displays on the piano roll as (0), (1), (2), (3), etc.

I have set my Base Octave at (-2), and the E1 on Ample lines up with E1 on the piano roll. If I set "Base Octave for pitches"to (0), the piano roll is off by 2 octaves. Then I have to play E3 on the piano roll to hit E1 on the bass.

And also not running as admin here.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brandon said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Glad that helped! I really like the Ample P-Bass. And I have a real Fender P-Bass.

If you insert an amp sim plug-in with a bass amp and cabinet, it sounds like a real P-Bass. Plus you can shape the sound a lot more using that.

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Glad that helped! I really like the Ample P-Bass. And I have a real Fender P-Bass.

If you insert an amp sim plug-in with a bass amp and cabinet, it sounds like a real P-Bass. Plus you can shape the sound a lot more using that.

Would I have to convert it to an audio file first before inserting the bass amp and cabinet?

9 hours ago, brandon said:

Would I have to convert it to an audio file first before inserting the bass amp and cabinet?

No. Just insert any FX, for example TH3, Amplitube, or Guitar Rig, etc., into the instrument track FX bin. The FX will be added to the audio output of the instrument.

11 hours ago, abacab said:

No. Just insert any FX, for example TH3, Amplitube, or Guitar Rig, etc., into the instrument track FX bin. The FX will be added to the audio output of the instrument.

IK Multimedia has a free version of Amplitube 5 CS, including a solid state bass pre-amp, and a 1 x 15 bass vintage cabinet.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5cs/?p=gear

It comes with 39 pieces of gear:

10 Stompbox Models – 7 Band Graphic, Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Diode Overdrive, Flanger, Noise Gate, Opto Tremolo, Volume, Wah

5 Amplifiers – Brit 8000, American Tube Clean, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp

6 Cabinets – 1x12 Open Vintage, 1x15 Bass Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x10 Open Vintage, 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Closed Vintage

3 Speakers – American 12K, Brit 80, Brit Green

3 Microphones – Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87

6 Rack Effects Units – Digital Chorus, Digital Delay, Digital Reverb, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, Tube Compressor

6 Rooms – Amp Closet, Garage, Hall, Large Studio, Mid Studio, Small Studio

Edited by abacab

3 hours ago, abacab said:

IK Multimedia has a free version of Amplitube 5 CS, including a solid state bass pre-amp, and a 1 x 15 bass vintage cabinet.

Sounds too good to be true. How do you rate the 'package'? Are these full products or demos?

Edited by brandon

5 hours ago, abacab said:

Hi I have downloaded it and its loaded into my VST folder but its not being picked up on a VST scan. Any tips?

I removed the scanned VST folder from scan preferences. I then added it back and did a scan and the Amplitube vst was scanned but its still not showing in Cakewalk.

Edited by brandon

1 hour ago, brandon said:

Sounds too good to be true. How do you rate the 'package'? Are these full products or demos?

I think it's a great deal. I have Amplitube 4 Max and Amplitude 5 CS. My gear from AT 4 imported just fine into the free Amplitube 5 CS. The new UI is a nice improvement!

14 minutes ago, abacab said:

I think it's a great deal. I have Amplitube 4 Max and Amplitude 5 CS. My gear from AT 4 imported just fine into the free Amplitube 5 CS. The new UI is a nice improvement!

Am having problems. The VST scan is scanning it. Its in Plug in Manager as a registered plug in but its not showing up in the FX bin. Any ideas?

Edited by brandon

13 minutes ago, brandon said:

Am having problems. The VST scan is scanning it. Its in Plug in Manager as a registered plug in but its not showing up in the FX bin. Any ideas?

Those VST issues are usually easy to work out. What VST scan folders are you using? If you are sure that the VST is installed, you should find a VST and VST3 file in your folders with these file names:

• "AmpliTube 5.dll" (This VST 2 file should be found in your assigned VST path).
  • "AmpliTube 5.vst3" (VST3 files are always installed in the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" by default, and this path does not need to be added to Cakewalk).

If you can locate these files, then your install was successful and you need to refresh Cakewalk by doing a reset to the plug-ins in Cakewalk from Edit > Preferences > VST Settings.

What do you mean by not showing up in the FX bin? Are the plug-ins available in the Cakewalk Audio FX browser? You need to insert (drag and drop) one of them from the browser into the FX Bin of your instrument track to create an instance of the plug-in for your project.

Edited by abacab

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

Those VST issues are usually easy to work out. What VST scan folders are you using? If you are sure that the VST is installed, you should find a VST and VST3 file in your folders with these file names:

• "AmpliTube 5.dll" (This VST 2 file should be found in your assigned VST path).
  • "AmpliTube 5.vst3" (VST3 files are always installed in the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" by default, and this path does not need to be added to Cakewalk).

If you can locate these files, then your install was successful and you need to refresh Cakewalk by doing a reset to the plug-ins in Cakewalk from Edit > Preferences > VST Settings.

What do you mean by not showing up in the FX bin? Are the plug-ins available in the Cakewalk Audio FX browser? You need to insert (drag and drop) one of them from the browser into the FX Bin of your instrument track to create an instance of the plug-in for your project.

Hi  - the .dll is in program files/cakewalk/vst plugins along with a lot of other .dll files.

the .vst3 file is in the vst 3 folder however this path is in the scan preferences and I cant remove it or rather I can remove it then when I go back to preferences its there again. Could this be part of the issue?

And I meant FX browser not bin 🙂

Interesting. When  I remove the VST 3 folder from the scan preferences the Amplitube FX shows up in the FX Browser. But when I open the preferences again the VST 3 folder is showing again. Any way I can get rid of it from the scanning process?

27 minutes ago, brandon said:

Interesting. When  I remove the VST 3 folder from the scan preferences the Amplitube FX shows up in the FX Browser. But when I open the preferences again the VST 3 folder is showing again. Any way I can get rid of it from the scanning process?

Adding the VST3 folder to scan paths is entirely unnecessary, and could cause issues. DAWs are generally hard coded to scan that path by default, as it is a standard for VST3 now.