Kick Off Yer Shoes

Starise

speechless.  Who did the brass solos?  Is that you on all the pianos?  Who are the back up singers?  I think the easiest improvement if there is one, is to break up the drums into sections.  I don't recall hearing many variations or turn arounds.  Sounds like you had fun.

Edited by David Sprouse

To quote FZ “Jazz isn’t dead, it just smells funny “. I kid, I kid; but seriously where’s the love my brothers? We review those who post, post, post, but never review? Then hang Star out to dry??

shame, shame, shame...

ok im down from my soapbox!

Tom little “t” Deering 

I signed because I’m serious about the shame!

Thanks for comments guys,

@David Sprouse The trumpet is from the Cuba library that comes with Komplete. I love that trumpet!  The vox are assorted samples from Sampletank 4. The brass was played in by me. I found that if I hit the key right it would bounce making it sound like the trumpet player was double tounqing. No piano roll or corrections made later. Same thing with the pianos. Just improvisation. Basic jazz stuff :) I hear you on the drums. Most jazz bands would have a drummer that changes things up. I guess drumming is the one thing I sometimes struggle with. I added a tinkle bell toward the end.

@DeeringAmps Yes I couldn't have said it better. Jazz does smell funny no doubt :) Thanks for that announcement Tom. It is what it is. I feel glad I made something. If someone likes it great! If not...I'll roll with it. This is still a great place to listen to good music! Thanks for commenting.

• Like 1

Abrupt beginning and ending.
Great piano. Improvised? Might be out of sync in a spot or two.
Really like that cool trumpet and the BGV ooooohs.

Thumbs up!

1 hour ago, Starise said:

This is still a great place to listen to good music!

Good point. About the only music I listen to any more is mine or the music on this forum. And the music here is (usually) very good and diverse. The comments I make aren't useful most of the time, but I like to let the musician know that someone listened and liked their song.

• Like 1

The brass was played in by me. I found that if I hit the key right it would bounce making it sound like the trumpet player was double tounqing. No piano roll or corrections made later. Same thing with the pianos”

I’m even more impressed!!

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
Stupid software was supposed to quote, had to do it manually
  • Like 1

I listened on headphones . . . very much liked the groove. I was missing the kick drum and the bass. I know, headphones will do that. But you might give the mix a spin on headphones, if you haven't already . . . it's a bit on the brighter side of the teeter totter.

Cool little bgv ooooh adds and the piano bounces along nicely as well.

A very cool foray into jazz which I thought had more funk in it and therefore the bass stuff is critical. Or should I check my headphones? 

Nice one!

-other Tom

You do good work Starise.

The trumpet was nice, liked the piano too,

It sounds like a real band, not one those ITB bands

The picture is cool too, it looks like a religious revival I went to once, I got all turned around, carried out on a stretcher, promised myself I'd never do that again.