"Geetar Street" - my latest song

Lee Shapiro

This song was probably rushed too quickly into posting it publicly. 
There are quite a few layers of instruments, which I tried to find a place for them sonically, but some instruments didn't come through as clearly as I would have liked.
So I guess you can consider this a first draft, since I'll probably go back and remix it.
The song is a continuation in a long running theme of expressing memories, regrets, feelings and wishes.  I often go to this place, and this time I gave it a name... "Geetar Street".

Thanks for any comments, suggestions or critiques.

Geetar Street

• Like 2

You have the mix dialed in well here. I liked this within the first 5 seconds of the song. You maintain that vibe throughout which further serves to solidify the feel of it.

Liked the guitar solo which I think fit very well into this. You have that "good ole' boy" vocal that will resonate well with anyone who likes this kind of music.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on it.

2 hours ago, Starise said:

You have the mix dialed in well here. I liked this within the first 5 seconds of the song. You maintain that vibe throughout which further serves to solidify the feel of it.

Liked the guitar solo which I think fit very well into this. You have that "good ole' boy" vocal that will resonate well with anyone who likes this kind of music.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on it.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.  And I'm glad you liked it.
I get the most interesting comments about my vocals.  I'm not a good singer by any means, and rely way too much on Melodyne.  But I've gotten a variety of comparisons on my vocals from Dylan to Tom Petty.  And I've written several country-rock songs where I just naturally start singing with a "cowboy accent".  So I think some of that snuck into this song.  Which is odd for a Jewish boy from New Jersey...transplanted to Washington State.
Thanks again!

• Like 1

I agree that saying it in music is easier than saying it without music (except for making it rhyme).
You do have a few layers of instruments in there. I thought they came in at the right places in the song, esp the organ.
Mix sounds pretty good to me.
Melodyne (?) glitch ~ 1:06

55 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

I agree that saying it in music is easier than saying it without music (except for making it rhyme).
You do have a few layers of instruments in there. I thought they came in at the right places in the song, esp the organ.
Mix sounds pretty good to me.
Melodyne (?) glitch ~ 1:06

Thanks for listening and your comments, I appreciate it.
I'm working on a remix, and I'll check out that glitch you mentioned and see if it can be fixed. 

Hey Lee.  Boy howdy -- there is a bit of a country feeling to this one and a terrific job you did!  This is a really a feel good song -- great melody to it, great hook and great instrumentation to carry the lyrics along.  I thought that your mix was good. To me the instruments did not intrude on each other at all and certainly were clear.  I liked the sound of the keyboard (organ) and the guitar solos.  This was a very pleasant song and I enjoyed listening.  Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1

Actually the “real” west was full of Jewish cowboys. Got a coffee table book my wife’s tanta Patty gave us about it. Bobby Zimmerman and Petty, I hear that. That solo sounds very synthy, what’s your signal chain. The B3 swell coming out of the solo is top notch. Rushed? If you say so. I’m happy to throw a thumbs up atcha!

t

7 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Actually the “real” west was full of Jewish cowboys. Got a coffee table book my wife’s tanta Patty gave us about it. Bobby Zimmerman and Petty, I hear that. That solo sounds very synthy, what’s your signal chain. The B3 swell coming out of the solo is top notch. Rushed? If you say so. I’m happy to throw a thumbs up atcha!

t

Thanks Tom. 
All of the instruments used are virtual instruments, which is why some things might sound a bit synthy.
For the lead guitar I used Orange Tree Samples,  Evolution Infinity guitar.

Edited by Lee Shapiro
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 2:27 PM, Lee Shapiro said:

This song was probably rushed too quickly into posting it publicly. 
There are quite a few layers of instruments, which I tried to find a place for them sonically, but some instruments didn't come through as clearly as I would have liked.
So I guess you can consider this a first draft, since I'll probably go back and remix it.
The song is a continuation in a long running theme of expressing memories, regrets, feelings and wishes.  I often go to this place, and this time I gave it a name... "Geetar Street".

Thanks for any comments, suggestions or critiques.

Geetar Street

Very cool man - you got that Tom Petty thing going on, which I love.  The image reminds me a little of the night I was stranded in Dublin.  Those pubs are friendly!

14 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Very cool man - you got that Tom Petty thing going on, which I love.  The image reminds me a little of the night I was stranded in Dublin.  Those pubs are friendly!

Thanks Steve, much appreciated. 
Maybe it's because I've been listening to a lot of Petty lately (Live Anthology), or maybe it's just that nasal Dylan/Petty thing I have with my vocals. 😁