CbB install nightmares on a Win 8.1 PC help?

Robert Bone

27 minutes ago, Robert Bone said:

This is my friends computer, and he is afraid to touch the OS because he uses it when working from home.

I have nothing to add other than suggesting he back up his system drive, including a system image, to an external drive so that if there is a real problem he can just load the backup and pick up from there. Doing that would take the worry out of trying different things.

2 minutes ago, Chappel said:

I have nothing to add other than suggesting he back up his system drive, including a system image, to an external drive so that if there is a real problem he can just load the backup and pick up from there. Doing that would take the worry out of trying different things.

Yup - I know we can do that - convincing him that is going to work is the trickier part. 

I will keep at it with him.  :)

Bob Bone

3 minutes ago, Robert Bone said:

Yup - I know we can do that - convincing him that is going to work is the trickier part. 

I will keep at it with him.  :)

Bob Bone

Good luck. Backing up is always a great idea no matter what.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

Hi Jon, if you still have access to the 8.1 computer with NetFx3 installed, would you please consider creating an ISO image of your C:\  drive, and send it to me through Dropbox? 

Bob Bone

Hi Bob,

If you think it will help you, I'd be happy to upload the file.  I don't currently have access to the PC, but I do have system images of the C: drive done early in the build.  They are Macrium image files.  I use the free version, so you could install the same to restore it.  You'll only need to remove any applications and change the product key.  If you need it as an ISO image, I'll have to convert it.

Let me know.

Jon

26 minutes ago, JonD said:

Hi Bob,

If you think it will help you, I'd be happy to upload the file.  I don't currently have access to the PC, but I do have system images of the 😄 drive done early in the build.  They are Macrium image files.  I use the free version, so you could install the same to restore it.  You'll only need to remove any applications and change the product key.  If you need it as an ISO image, I'll have to convert it.

Let me know.

Jon

I would like it as an ISO image, if possible.  I can then mount it and point to it as the source for getting the NetFx3 feature enabled.  The only thing is - it MUST have the NetFx3 Feature installed on it.  If you could check that, I would SURELY appreciate it.  If you need the DISM commands for that let me know.

I will see about the size of my Dropbox account, to make sure I have enough room for you to upload it.

THANKS!

Bob Bone

1 hour ago, Robert Bone said:

I would like it as an ISO image, if possible.  I can then mount it and point to it as the source for getting the NetFx3 feature enabled.  The only thing is - it MUST have the NetFx3 Feature installed on it.  If you could check that, I would SURELY appreciate it.  If you need the DISM commands for that let me know.

I will see about the size of my Dropbox account, to make sure I have enough room for you to upload it.

THANKS!

Bob Bone

Okay, I will check the image and if it's good, create the ISO file (Will be later tonight).  I'll contact you further by PM, so we don't monopolize the forum.