Re-sample during bounce to tracks?

jono grant

Hi there, I'm bouncing a mix down internally in cakewalk. My session is at 96 kHz. At the end of the real-time render, I see cakewalk display a re-sample message "sample rate conversion" right before it draws out the wave form of the mix. Why would it be re-sampling anything if I'm using "bounce to tracks" ? I'm using a UAD system, everything  is set to 96 kHz.

Thanks

Jono

Edited by jono grant

• 10 months later...

This may help.

I have a similar problem here, except I'm using 48KHz. Cakewalk converts my 16bit 48KHz mono audio clips into 32bit 48KHz stereo clips when they're bounced and the Sample Rate Conversion message comes up because of this.

Windows File Manager confirms that the source clip files (recorded by Cakewalk) are 768kbps, whereas the bounced clip file is 3072kbps.  VLC Player confirms that these files are 16bit mono and 32bit stereo (16x48KHz = 768kbps and 2x32x48KHz = 3072kbps) respectively.

While it makes perfect sense to convert source clips to a higher bit depth internally for processing within the programme, I'm not sure that this message is needed if the input and export bit rates remain the same (in my case 16 bits).

(Windows 10 and my interface, Cakewalk driver settings, project and template settings are  all 48KHz. )

Edited by Kiltrash

Indeed, good catch! You shouldn't be seeing a sample rate conversion message unless actual sample rate conversion is occurring.
The reason its showing it is the export process uses the same component to do bit depth and format conversions and this is triggering the faulty message. Its not actually doing any SRC.
I'll fix it for the upcoming hotfix.

• Thanks 1