Setting up Reason as rewire in Cakewalk

musikman1

Hi, anyone have a line on where I can get information on how to setup Propellerhead Reason to record tracks within Cakewalk?  For some reason my searches only turn up info on upgrading to the most current version of Reason, and the rewire info I found seemed to be for old versions of Sonar, not Bandlab.

I have a much older version of Reason (5), but I believe it can still be done. I had done it years ago, but my memory of the procedure has since faded. Just looking for some basic info would be helpful for me to learn how to set it up again so that I can record tracks using Reason's sounds and modules, and make it sync to Cakewalk project tempo for any drums or percussion tracks. Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

MM

Hey Nigel, thanks for the information. I have a full version, but according to what you're saying about needing 64bit,  I'll need to upgrade. For now I could just record tracks in R5 and export the wav for import to Cakewalk. Not the same as rewire, but it will suffice in some situations for now until I can upgrade.