a melodic acoustic ballad - "Lake Katherine"

bats brew

On 3/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, Starise said:

Your music clearly takes me to good places. These acoustic arrangements fill out the sonic space well and don't need anything else. The vocal parts are blended to perfection.

This  showcases your most excellent guitar playing where it is exposed the most. Those guitars are sweeeet!

that warms my heart, starise.

good places, yes.

and yea, playing like this, is PRETTY EXPOSED!  LOL, 

but i love the expressiveness of the acoustic guitar, it's a proper real sound. immediate, requires a bit of effort and focus. i like it!

14 hours ago, batsbrew said:

hi wookiee, thanks for listening to this one,

yea, it's gonna sound a bit like zep, just because it's acoustic and rock style,

but honestly, i'm familiar with their entire catalog, and i can't find anything they've done that sounds like this, arrangement wise.

definitely mine originally.

Just the acoustics's sound not anything related to arrangements @batsbrew, and definitely all you. ;) 

On 3/2/2020 at 1:07 PM, AndyB01 said:

Seriously good guitar work - really enjoyed the listen. Top drawer as always. Andy

thanks so much andy! 

On 3/3/2020 at 1:37 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

A very pleasant song to listen to - the acoustic guitars sounded excellent - I've read good reviews about that Shure KSM44.

Nice job on the vocal and bgvs.

Great job - good song.

hey douglas! appreciate the comments, yea, i dig that shure ksm44, i picked mine up used, so it didn't hurt the wallet as bad as a new one.

these days, with covid and all that, i don't think i'd be brave enough to buy a used one anymore! heheh

On 3/4/2020 at 6:00 AM, SPAK said:

Left my feelings on SC ... Beautiful song and lyrics

Steve

thanks alot, steve, i appreciate the support on the SC and here.

On 3/5/2020 at 2:24 AM, Wookiee said:

Just the acoustics's sound not anything related to arrangements @batsbrew, and definitely all you. ;) 

hey wook! i knew what you meant, sorry for the confusion.

you still rock even with all that hair.

😁

On 3/5/2020 at 9:22 PM, bjornpdx said:

Boy I was pleasantly surprised to hear this style of music from you. So impressed by your guitar playing.
You really should do more like this one.

hi bjorn,

glad you checked this one out then! i think i WILL take your suggestion, and do more of these!

thanks for the comment

On 3/6/2020 at 8:57 AM, daryl1968 said:

this is lovely Bats - great use of panning

hey daryl! thanks for listening, man, and the panning...

you know, deciding how hard to pan things, and when to bring them in and out,

has become 'active arrangements' to me,  i've not been doing things this way for very long

so i hope i'm getting it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1