After the Flood

TracingArcs

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Very nice soundstage on this one. Definitely see this in film/tv. Maybe “hear” this. 

t

Yeah ! would love to work on some film/tv. Have done some very minor stuff in media. But would like to be tested. Thanks for the comment.

I'm sorry to hear of the misfortune there and hope it gets sorted and recovery goes well.

Never heard of the sine wave idea. Works nicely here and sounds like a low bass drone which technically I guess it is. I get a feeling of melancholy with the combinations of piano and strings. This definitely has some tension in it that works well with the ideas behind it.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Tells a story in song.  It's repetitive but in a good way, but varying with the chord changes
That piano refrain really adds to the ominous vibe. Actually I think it is the ominous vibe.
Still not sure what you mean by sine underneath. I'm thinking a drone-ish sine wave based pad in the background?
Whatever, it works.

• Like 1

Thank you bjornpdx.  I'm interested in systems music (Reich, Cage, etc) so repetition evolves over time. But that's not enough I feel, so follow it with changes over the top. The sine trick is to use a single sine wave following the same notes as a  bass or cello line to add weight. But in this case used it as a drone. Much appreciate the feedback.

Very sorry to hear about the devastation in your country.  Seems things are a bit crazy (weather-wise) around the world.  Mama nature must be getting a bit ticked off at human kind.  Now about the song.  Excellent work!  The mix is good but the composition and arrangement are most cool.  The wandering repetitive piano centerpiece matched with the ominous deep string sounds definitely set the stage for an emotional response.  This composition is just begging for a video to go along with it.

Enjoyed it enough that I had to give it a second listen.

• Like 1