Lost My Baby Today

Johnbee58

Thank you all for your kind words & thoughts.  After thinking on it all week the thing that bothers me the most is how it happened on Tuesday morning.  I got up at 3 AM to feed her (not unusual) and she seemed fine.  She was hungry and ready as always to eat her breakfast.  I then went back to bed and came back out at 5.  After I showered I took notice that she had vomited 3 times on the floor.  It was clear and mucousy despite the fact that there was food in her stomach (she cleaned out her bowl, so she was hungry).  A few minutes later she started dry heaving and her belly was as solid as a football.  Then I knew something was wrong.  It was too early to call the vet but her symptoms got worse and worse till she was barking and whimpering (she rarely barked).  My baby must have been in such terrible pain and I felt so bad because  I couldn't help her.  It seemed like forever till my vet's office opened and I could take her down there.  I was hoping it was something that could be cured but I was also preparing myself for the end because of her age.  Sure enough, the vet said it was probably cancer and there wasn't much she could do for Ginger.  She suggested putting her down.  I wanted to hold her but she was so uncomfortable I didn't want to make her hurt more.  I told her I loved her and thanked her for blessing my life for 15 years.  The worst thing is that I couldn't take her pain away.  Her daddy couldn't help her.  I never felt so helpless in my life.  I can't get Tuesday morning off my mind.

😢

I can only say that I know how you feel. These such events beyond out control are difficult.  I lost 3 cats in the last 4 years and I am devastated. Each one has taken it's toll.

I keep their' pictures everywhere and talk to them many times every day. I like to believe our memories keep them alive in our hearts forever.

Never let go!

❤️🎶