A shortish extract from a new piece The Cosmic Brain (Part 1)

Wookiee

8 hours ago, Wookiee said:

This short extract, of a longer piece still under composition, was inspired by a couple of programs. This is an experimental trip into the Cosmic Brain part 1.

I liked it. Very moody and evocative. I can hear this as background music for an animation. The two note bass figure sounds very timpani-ish, maybe doubled with a huge Taiko drum. Very cool. I'd fix that title, though. 🙂

• Thanks 1

@Chappel Thanks, well it is potentially a short ;) extract I have a feeling it is going to be a long piece by the time I find resolution.  The two note bass figure is from Arturia's Modular passed through Arturia's new Intensity Reverb, it represents the some of the sounds of the universe the large pulsing stars along with the hiss of smaller stars.

Again thanks for the listen and comments.

@bjornpdx Thanks for the listen and comment to satisfy your ears there the following synths used so far for this part.

From Arturia:-
CS 80-V x 1
Modular-V x 1
CZ-V x 1
Jupiter 8-V x 1
FX
Rev Intensity a reverb plugin x 2
MINI Filter based on Mr Moog's MINI

From Korg
ARP Odyssey x 2 (This will probably make more appearances.)

From Cherry Audio
Their Modular Synth x 1 but providing two voices

From Synthwave
Ultimate HD x 1 which is a sort of a take on Roland JP8080

Other FX
Audiority's Plexitape Delay

Plus all the usual suspects from the Cakewalk FX arsenal. 

Some really interesting sounds here Wookiee.  IMHO you have done a great job into weaving them into what I got as a doggone interesting cosmic sci-fi journey.  This number would be great cinematic music for the big screen (or the little one for that matter).  Glad that you are back to putting up songs.  I look forward to the completion of this.

@DeeringAmps Thanks Tom I only gets fuzzy when I gets wet :D 

Seven minuets well it is only the Intro and first phase it has grown some over the weekend but I need to make a subtle change in the arrangement so I need a little longer.  Lots of Synth programming as I have increased the Odyssey count by another three instances.

• Like 1

@daryl1968 Thanks it is coming close to 14 minuets now, more instance of the Odyssey with tuned Arp's to enable playing chord sequences, two instances of the ARP 2600, oh and a surprise appearance from, wait for it, a Korg O5R/w hardware synth. 

It is pretty close now. When finished I will probably not post it to a streaming site but make it available as a 24 bit Wave download.    

• Like 1