Sweet Temptation

Douglas Kirby

Hey Doug,

A few crits here. The rhythm guitar on the left needs some high pass. The transition into the pre-chorus is a little rough, especially the first time through (1:41mark I think) I’d drop this a half, maybe a whole step, you’re struggling a bit on the high notes. Tune to Eb and give it a run. Not near as “polished” as usual, but I get the impression this is still a work in progress. Just my nickel98. A fan here, keep ‘em coming. 

t

• Like 1

DeeringAmps - Thanks for the crits Tom - I did another remix of this one.

Javadude54 - Thanks for listening - I appreciate it - the bass is a bit prominent - but I figured it fit for this type of song.  I might pull it back a bit on the next remix.

David Sprouse - I cranked up the gain on my Art MPA Gold tube mic preamp - that's what you're hearing there. I thought it sounded interesting on my lead vocal. Glad you liked it.

Hi Doug,

This one probably brings back some good memories for you. I liked the retro feel to the mix. Great harmony mix. 

Are the vox just a little bit right leaning  in the panning?  It might be that more of one frequency is coming into my right side. Not sure.

Thank for sharing!

• Like 1

Doug

Not sure how you did the vocal treatment, but very effective.
Couple of chord changes didn't work for me ~1:45
I like the line "my eyes won't listen to me"
Very good melody. I thought the gtr accompaniment could be varied bit more.
Thanks for posting another great song.

• Like 1

Starise - Thanks for your comments and for listening.  The BGVs are panned right - I think that's what you were hearing.

JohnBee58 - I'm glad you liked it - thanks for listening. I channeled my inner Bob Marley and the Wailers on this one😀

bjornpdx - Thanks for listening - I enjoyed singing the vocal harmonies on this one - it was fun.

thegaltieribrothers - Thank you very much for your comments.

freddyj - Thank you very much for listening - I put an echo on my lead vocal using a Blue Tubes plug - I thought it sounded cool.