Addictive Drums Beat Producer Edition

cclarry

57 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

Same. It's really sad how they have just let the plugin go

I hate when plugin makers start charging for upgrades and stop supporting old versions.  AD2 is just fine with me and I'm glad they haven't gone down the  lets milk our customer base path.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I hate when plugin makers start charging for upgrades and stop supporting old versions.  AD2 is just fine with me and I'm glad they haven't gone down the  lets milk our customer base path.  

I agree to a point. The problem I've always had with XLN is that they don't put out enough content for AD2. For a while, they were doing one new kit a year. Then it turned into every year and a half. Now it's been what, going on 3 years? AD itself was fine though I do feel we need to see an AD3 with more options, available kit pieces, etc. because let's be honest, SD3 is crushing it right now and is really the top dog in the market. AD has a long history of quality stuff and I still use them all the time but they need to do more to update it. They have always been really good about the way they update versions as well. I just wish there was more development to keep it up with competition.

• Like 1

I agree with the sentiments here. AD2 has been my “go to” for a few years, but the world has moved on. Six months ago I asked here on this very forum, were there alternatives to S Gear, another one time leader in its field, and my go to amp sim for years. The answer was a resounding “yes”, and I hardly use S Gear anymore.  You cannot sit still and expect to remain at the top. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I agree with the sentiments here. AD2 has been my “go to” for a few years, but the world has moved on. Six months ago I asked here on this very forum, were there alternatives to S Gear, another one time leader in its field, and my go to amp sim for years. The answer was a resounding “yes”, and I hardly use S Gear anymore.  You cannot sit still and expect to remain at the top. 

^^^THIS^^^

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TerraSin said:

I agree to a point. The problem I've always had with XLN is that they don't put out enough content for AD2. For a while, they were doing one new kit a year. Then it turned into every year and a half. Now it's been what, going on 3 years? AD itself was fine though I do feel we need to see an AD3 with more options, available kit pieces, etc. because let's be honest, SD3 is crushing it right now and is really the top dog in the market. AD has a long history of quality stuff and I still use them all the time but they need to do more to update it. They have always been really good about the way they update versions as well. I just wish there was more development to keep it up with competition.

I know a few full time drummers.  Not one of them uses more than 2 kits across a multitude of projects.  

I've found Fairfax 2 is a "go to" for me.  Core sound can be manipulated for all kinds of things.  

It isn't the perfect kit (my desert island kit is Billy Martin's kit in a Drum Core expansion.

But my perspective is I don't need 50 kits.  Just a couple really good ones and some sound processing.  

SD3 pricing is too high for me.  I basically never used SD2.  With AD2 I would be happy with Fairfax2 for like $65 on sale.  The other kits I have rarely get used.  

In my mind the only need for "more" is if they don't have something that works for your style already.   I use Jam Stix for the brain to drive it, so midi packs are not a huge driver for me and realistically would not need "upgrades" to the program even if they were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What ever happened to BFD?

I do use AD2. I drive it with Jamstix.

But mostly Jamstix and EZD2. Those are the easiest for me to get something going. 

However, in AD2 the way you can manipulate the  midi beats are somewhat interesting. I like them all!! : )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

What ever happened to BFD?

I do use AD2. I drive it with Jamstix.

But mostly Jamstix and EZD2. Those are the easiest for me to get something going. 

However, in AD2 the way you can manipulate the  midi beats are somewhat interesting. I like them all!! : )

They are now under the ROLI dudes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TerraSin said:

Couldn't agree more. Odd to have all kinds of demand but no one wants to take your money.

2 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

Couldn't agree more. Odd to have all kinds of demand but no one wants to take your money.

Absolutely. I get it if they want to make it the top dog plugin and trying to develop it better than anything else on the market but if it takes 10 years to make it likely isn't going to live up to expectations anyway.