Moving start time of tracks

michael zaret

Question

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, michael zaret said:

The formula for dragging and dropping tracks to a new location described in the documentation does not work for audio tracks. How can I move tracks that need to be aligned in time with other tracks?

I'm not sure what method you are using but I have no problems clicking audio clips and dragging them to where I want them to go. Keep in mind that your Snap setting will affect how the clip can be dragged. If your Snap setting is Measure, or Whole Note, you won't be able to click and drag the clip anything smaller than that, like 1/4 or 1/8.  Anyway, to answer your question about alternate ways to move them, select the clip and then click Clip in the Track Inspector. This will display the clip's Properties. There you can manually edit the clip's start time. If you're unsure what that is, look at the start time of the clip you want the other one to line up with. You can also copy the start time from one clip and paste it into the start time of another clip. That's one way off the top of my head. Of course, this only works to move the clip around in the track it is in. If you want to move the clip to a different track, dragging and dropping is still the best method.

683560020_ClipPropertiesStartTime1.JPG.517491e1f87dedfec863642120888728.JPG

• Like 1