I know I'm Old Now....

Grem

Reminded me of helping a lady who was struggling reading print off a product a while back. She was pretty distraught by it, so I asked if she had a cell phone. Sure enough. She never considered using it. Other thing that saddened me is several people saw her struggling and no one even tried to help ☹️

• Like 1

Yep, I use mine to blow up small print, as well.  It my alarm clock, timer, gps navigation, airlines boarding pass, flashlight, debit card, Music player, remote for the TV,  etc. etc etc.

I’ve even gotten in the habit of taking a photo of my parking location in the airport parking garage so that I can remember where I parked when I return.  

It’s become a major tool for convenience in my every day life.

• Like 1

Heh, as if all I wrote wasn't enough, Michael reminded me of more:

Alarm clock, timer, ticket screenshot (when going to a game), music player, tuner, quick notes (I've got a Samsung Note 10+ with a stylist, video player, game player, fitness app, remote for lights, oh yeah, and it's even used to make phone calls sometimes! 😁

It still blows me away that I can even use it to remote into a server in Manila to fix a setting!

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 10:55 AM, msmcleod said:

I find the phone camera so useful when doing electronics repairs - the writing on IC's nowadays is so small, it's impossible to read without taking a picture & zooming in.

I used mine more when I was in the field to take pics of serial and model numbers. Saves a load of time writing it all down and as you say, it can be blown up larger on the phone. I have found myself in some really odd positions taking those pics though.

I purposefully own two pairs of glasses. My main issue is seeing fine detail up close. My distance vision is ok. One pair is bifocal and I wear them any time I'm not at a computer. I ordered glasses specifically for computer with radiation protection and they are made especially for the distances  at that task. Being on a computer all day can get pretty tiresome. No need for it to be harder than it has to be. They weren't cheap glasses but I'm glad I bought them.

22 hours ago, craigb said:

Alarm clock, timer, ticket screenshot (when going to a game), music player, tuner, quick notes (I've got a Samsung Note 10+ with a stylist, video player, game player, fitness app, remote for lights, oh yeah, and it's even used to make phone calls sometimes! 😁

It still blows me away that I can even use it to remote into a server in Manila to fix a setting!

So, you can get a trim while at the game? 😀

23 hours ago, craigb said:

Remote to the TV is one of my favorite conveniences.   We have 3 TV's at our house, each with a remote, each of which I can never find after used by my daughter or wife.  It used to really get under my skin that the remote was always missing.  I don't even worry about it any more and don't need it; can do it with the iPhone.