I know I'm Old Now....

Grem

3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I had my daughter install those little buggers when I built a desktop several years ago.

If there would have been anyone around I would have gotten some help. But I was home alone!! 

I got her fired up and loaded a version of Windows on it without the internet. Of all things I forgot, I didn't get a dang wifi card!! Got one coming though. Be here Sunday.

As an IT consultant, I use my phone a LOT!  Besides the obvious list of contacts, texting and keeping saved notes for all clients, I like to take high-quality, 4K videos of their server rooms, so that I can see and often resolve issues remotely.  In many cases, clients take pictures or video of computer issues and send them to me as well.  I have several apps that help with measurements (distance, Internet or WiFi signal strength, etc.), remote access, router access, calendars, calculators, as well as cheat sheets (like how to wire up a CAT6 cross-over cable correctly).  I've taken pictures where it's hard to reach, I use the flashlight a lot, I've used the magnifying glass AND I've definitely done the whole "Ok Google...  Removing the hard drive on a [insert laptop model here]" type stuff.  Oh, yeah.  It's also my navigation device without which I wouldn't be able to drive anywhere!  🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

The clutch went out on washing machine and friend and I replaced it last week. Took plenty of pictures as we went along so we knew what to do putting it back together :)

Let us know when it's back together.

• Haha 1