Migrating from Steam Sonar Platinum to Cakewalk by Bandlab. Help Requested.

Ingmar

So, what an interesting surprise it has been, coming back and catching up on the Cakewalk news of the last 3 years after taking a long break from any sound and music production. I invested a lot on STEAM with Sonar, its upgrades, sample libraries and some plugins. When I originally saw that Cakewalk was acquired and that Sonar was being killed off, I basically came to terms and tried my best to forget about my investments and I have since distanced myself from any form of audio production, until now. Slowly getting back into this world and trying to piece back together the pieces... I was quite amazed to realize that Sonar Platinum has now basically been released for free with support. This excited me and I immediately started researching how to get my other Sonar Platinum related purchases on STEAM working with Cakewalk by Bandlab, but it feels messy and it might have been false hope...

First off, I tried re-installing Sonar Platinum with a Lifetime pass on STEAM, but it requests my email address which is then rejected with this error message:

SteamReg

The server rejected the E-mail: '***my email address***'.
Verify that you are using the the E-mail associated with the product in your Cakewalk Account.

At this point I discovered Cakewalk by Bandlab and how to install it. At first, I was satisfied with my loss with this replacement, but what about all of the plugins etc. ? I read on other forums that Cakewalk by Bandlab should easily discover and utilize your previous Sonar Platinum plugins, but it seems like it would only if you never uninstalled Steam Platinum after it died. I have not tried installing all of my purchases yet, but these are the issues I have encountered so far;

CA-2A Leveling Amplifier:

CA-2A Leveling Amplifier

Sorry, a fatal error occurred:
Failed to locate resources folder.

Rapture Session & Pro:

The following plug-in caused an error during load:
Rapture x64

The failure point was reported as:
Main Call

Has anyone else here successfully migrated from STEAM with full use of their previous purchases? Should I give up, or is there a way to continue where I left off?

Thanks for reading, I hope someone can have some useful feedback.

If you have a full install of Sonar Platinum with plugins BEFORE you install Cakewalk by BandLab, your plugins will be detected by the Cakewalk plugin scanner.

It sounds like your issue is with getting Sonar Platinum and the related plugins installed. Maybe try contacting Steam, or sending an email to support@cakewalk.com.

17 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

on steam, did you use the same email address as before? did you contact steam about it?

Yes, I used the same address. I can still log in to my Cakewalk account (with the same email) and they show all of my Steam related purchases.

15 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

If the stream reinstall failed then that's why you get errors from those plugs, you should contact both steam and cakewalk support

The Steam Sonar Platinum reinstall worked perfectly fine and all the plugins also seemed to install except for the fact that it does not accept my email address to unlock the Demo mode. The errors with the plugins are received when opening Cakewalk by Bandlab. Cakewalk by Bandlab automatically scanned my steam install folder for plugins.

Thank you, I will also contact the Steam and Cakewalk support.

16 hours ago, abacab said:

If you have a full install of Sonar Platinum with plugins BEFORE you install Cakewalk by BandLab, your plugins will be detected by the Cakewalk plugin scanner.

It sounds like your issue is with getting Sonar Platinum and the related plugins installed. Maybe try contacting Steam, or sending an email to support@cakewalk.com.

The plugins all installed fine from steam (except for the email regsitration issue, mentioned in another reply above). The plugin errors are generated by Cakewalk by Bandlab and not by my Steam Sonar Platinum installation.

7 hours ago, Ingmar said:

The plugins all installed fine from steam (except for the email regsitration issue, mentioned in another reply above). The plugin errors are generated by Cakewalk by Bandlab and not by my Steam Sonar Platinum installation.

You will probably need to contact support@cakewalk.com