Jump to content
Larry Shelby

PA 2 Vouchers - Any plugin $29?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

 

One thing that is different about the license agreement with PA is, it only allows 7 deactivations for each plugin. That's it. Game over.

Now, since they let you put them on 3 machines, That's what I did. Put them on all three of my machines.

I just built a new computer and deactivated all PA plugins on that machine. So all my plugins have at least one deactivation on them. If any of the other two machines go down, then I am down to just  four deactivations left. Thing is, I know I had them on my home machine and I have rebuilt that one too. I just don't remember if PA plugins were on it at the time.

I can see this becoming a problem for those not aware (like me) of this limitation.

Also, I can find no where on the web site that tells me how many deactivations I have left.

It's been a whilst since I checked but they used to be pretty good about giving extra if you need to .  Drop support an email...having said that support has been pretty poor in that last few months so who knows

I think you can check your licences here: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/manage-plugins.html but I also can't see how many deletions you have ?

the FAQ says

"The deletion limit is a way to prevent abuse, but we do understand that it can be an inconvenience, so we're pretty flexible. If you find that you're getting low on deletions, just contact support and explain why you need to reset your count"

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trager said:

When you say game over, you mean it's their policy not to offer more even if you contact support?

I was not sure. Never contacted PA support. Never needed to. 

Simon looks like he found something. Which is good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grem said:

 

One thing that is different about the license agreement with PA is, it only allows 7 deactivations for each plugin. That's it. Game over.

Now, since they let you put them on 3 machines, That's what I did. Put them on all three of my machines.

I just built a new computer and deactivated all PA plugins on that machine. So all my plugins have at least one deactivation on them. If any of the other two machines go down, then I am down to just  four deactivations left. Thing is, I know I had them on my home machine and I have rebuilt that one too. I just don't remember if PA plugins were on it at the time.

I can see this becoming a problem for those not aware (like me) of this limitation.

Also, I can find no where on the web site that tells me how many deactivations I have left.

 Please cite where you found this.  I did not see this in the EULA.   Also post this on the FB page.  It draws more attention that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

 Please cite where you found this.  I did not see this in the EULA.   Also post this on the FB page.  It draws more attention that way.

It's in the FAQ...not the license agreement...

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It's in the FAQ...not the license agreement...

if not a part of license agreement so we can just disagree ;)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

 Please cite where you found this

I found it in the user area. Under the section Manage Your Devices. Read it right there. It's easy to overlook. I been doing it for a while!! : )

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grem said:

I found it in the user area. Under the section Manage Your Devices. Read it right there. It's easy to overlook. I been doing it for a while!! : )

Wow thx mate I knew PA gave me a bad vibe from the get go, now I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a note, if you buy Byome, you are eligible for the upgrade to Triad for $49.  Although this is more than $29, if you use your $25 monthly voucher, if is only $24.  But you will use your voucher.  

Of course, if you get $50 vouchers, this won't work.  Something to think about.

Also, you can, or at least you used to be able to put your activations on a USB stick.  I had it on my Waves stick and it worked well.  I don't know if it is still possible though.   But it did make it easy to switch computers. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

Also, you can, or at least you used to be able to put your activations on a USB stick.  I had it on my Waves stick and it worked well.  I don't know if it is still possible though.   But it did make it easy to switch computers. 

This is true. I never used it before but it is an option to get over deactivations when switching computers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have sent numerous emails over the last several days without a reply. They have sent me 3 different emails about this promo BUT NONE OF THEM HAD ANY CODES!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ron Stranghoener said:

I have sent numerous emails over the last several days without a reply. They have sent me 3 different emails about this promo BUT NONE OF THEM HAD ANY CODES!!

FEB-29-A-3HF824TP

use that as many times as you like, there is also another one back up a bit, but you only need 1 of the A codes and you can use it again and again. It's all good and legal and all in case you are wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got two more that may be of use:

FEB-29-A-CEYV7YGT

FEB-29-B-ZC4N4LXX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grem said:

I found it in the user area. Under the section Manage Your Devices. Read it right there. It's easy to overlook. I been doing it for a while!! : )

You're right.  Posted a rant on their FB page.  Done with them.  No other developer treats the end user like this except for VSL's broken dongle policy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

You're right.  Posted a rant on their FB page.  Done with them.  No other developer treats the end user like this except for VSL's broken dongle policy.

I broke my dongle once, the doctor said it didn't matter what policy I had, I wouldn't be able to have kids.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

Also, you can, or at least you used to be able to put your activations on a USB stick.  I had it on my Waves stick and it worked well.  I don't know if it is still possible though.   But it did make it easy to switch computers. 

I have my Waves licenses and my PA licenses on the same USB stick. I got a good quality one just for that. I think it's less prone to break than a SSD or magnetic HD. Also, you can upgrade your computer without worrying losing your licenses.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...